Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join our Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is a function within the broader Finance organization and is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building standard methodologies.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Commercial, Product, Engineering, Finance, Capital Markets, and internal risk teams. The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Draw insights from data and design and test new pricing and credit strategies for our top clients.
- Manage the profitability of the portfolio and be the owner of your vertical
- Drive execution by launching and leading cross-functional initiatives and projects
- Identify opportunities to improve current process and infrastructure
- Work with various cross-functional teams to assess, define, optimize and scale pricing opportunities for different markets
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
- Conduct ad-hoc data analyses
- Manage external reporting and present to investors and stakeholders
What we look for
- 5+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (credit, risk, management consulting, finance, analytics, etc.)
- A proactive leader that can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Experience with SQL, Python, or other scripting languages
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them
Location - Remote Canada
Affirm is proud to be a remote-first company! The majority of our roles are remote and can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of the U.S. Territories, Quebec, Yukon, Nunavut, and the Northwest Territories) unless the job indicates a different global location. We are currently building operations in Spain, Poland, and Australia. Employees in remote roles have the option of working remotely or from an Affirm office in their country of hire, and may occasionally travel to an Affirm office or elsewhere for required meetings or team-building events. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, San Francisco and Toronto will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis, subject to local COVID-19 guidelines.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.