Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
As a Manager, Customer Operations Support, you will be responsible for the leadership of the Customer Operations teams to support transactional lending and banking processes on behalf of our customers. The types of functions the team manages include Escalated Customer Cases, Product Bugs & Issues, Disputes & Chargebacks, Credit Furnishing, and Compliance Adherence and Management. The team partners with Affirm’s Risk Operations team and with the Customer Care team which handles general customer inquiries.
You will manage a group of passionate and motivated service professionals to achieve targets and create great customer experiences. You will coach, develop and lead the operational support team to resolve complex inquiries and process exception cases in an accurate and timely manner. The Manager is instrumental in ensuring the team achieves overall business objectives including productivity, accuracy and customer satisfaction targets
This role requires an experienced people manager with strong process improvement orientation and experience analyzing business data and performance metrics. What You'll Get a leadership opportunity with a passionate team in a faced-paced, purpose driven environment looking to improve the financial lives of our customers.
What You'll Do
- Manage a team of Operations Leadership & Associates in a hyper-growth environment including developing the team for future changes, managing the team’s change resilience and minimizing performance impacts associated with change
- Driving employee engagement and a high performance culture within the team, ensuring effective performance management, coaching, and development of team and creating an environment where people can excel through accountability, encouragement and empowerment
- Managing multiple performance metrics across multiple channels including customer satisfaction, productivity metrics and service levels including managing cases that meet quality standards
- Partner with recruiting to hire candidates and coordinate with training for on-boarding, ongoing learning and to ensure work is being appropriately assigned and evaluated
- Consistently improve the customer experience across our key channels and products by developing reports and insights on Net Promoter Score and other identified metrics
- Use strong presentation and communication skills to report findings and recommendations to leadership teams
- Identify and implement groundbreaking changes to generate efficiencies and drive better customer experiences while ensuring the teams adheres to regulatory and compliance requirements
- Keep ahead of industry developments and apply standard methodologies to areas of improvement
What We Look For
- 5+ years of experience in people management or people leadership positions required with previous experience working in financial services, fintech, or a complex operational or transactional processing role preferred
- Self-starter with strong sense of urgency, high accountability and excellent attention to detail with the capability to thrive in a fast paced environment
- Forward thinking approach with ability to problem-solving complex issues to drive shared goals across internal and external teams
- Proven experience in leading teams through major change and comfort with ambiguity
- Ability to maintain composure and act as a role model when presented with barriers or when results are not as expected
- Strong customer empathy and service level focus
Location - Proximal to Pittsburgh
Employees in proximal-to-office roles have the option of working from an Affirm office in the U.S. or remotely, if they are able to return occasionally to the office with one business day’s notice and potentially for consecutive days, in order to fulfill certain job duties and responsibilities. For required in-office presence, Affirm pays expenses for travel to and from the office of up to 90 miles one-way. Our offices in Chicago, New York, Pittsburgh, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.