Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
The Checkout team at Affirm builds and maintains the backend APIs, interfaces, and decisioning system that drives the entirety of the user experience of buying with Affirm.
We are seeking a highly motivated Engineering Manager to join us and fulfill our vision to deliver innovative financial products and features that provide new levels of accessibility and flexibility to our users. You will lead a team charged with the architecture, design, and implementation of new API’s and microservice interfaces that manage every users’ transaction with Affirm. You will use your technical knowledge to identify opportunities and guide your team to improve the performance and reliability of the systems that drive the user journey through purchasing with Affirm.
We are experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your leadership will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you'll do
- Lead a team passionate about the user purchasing experience, providing technical leadership for the team, while having a detailed understanding of our business, company goals, roadmap and resource plans.
- Drive planning and prioritization of projects based on product, technical, and business goals by leveraging relevant resources and data.
- Build relationships with people across engineering and other organizations to jointly make decisions vital to deliver to a high-quality, reliable, robust product and service.
- Coach and mentor employees to increase their impact through regular performance development and feedback conversations.
- Cultivate a respectful and supportive environment for all team members that effectively leverages the diversity of the team.
What we look for
- 4-6+ years of experience as a software engineer with leadership responsibilities and 1+ year as an engineering manager.
- Passion for working with multi-functional teams including Product, Design, Analytics and Business teams.
- Expert at synthesizing sophisticated business, product, and technical requirements to consistently produce high quality system designs and software.
- Humble and authentic leadership which places the needs of others first and helps people develop and perform as highly as possible.
- Experience scaling systems in a service oriented architecture preferred but not required.
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S.. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.