Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm’s Compliance team designs and implements a compliance program that enables Affirm to proactively adhere to regulatory requirements while also identifying and addressing potential regulatory issues that may arise. Compliance program activities include advisory, guidance & training, independent testing & monitoring, reporting, escalation, and oversight. Although a second line of defense, compliance proactively partners with the business to support new products, markets, and initiatives, change management, issue identification, and remediation plans, assessment and monitoring of third parties, and provides trends and data to enable informed decision making, strengthen controls or provide for better treatment of consumers.
Affirm is seeking a Compliance Lead - Marketing & Strategic Partnerships to support its marketing compliance and change management program, supporting the implementation of new products and critical initiatives. In growing the company’s markets and products, Compliance plays a fundamental role by executing on key deliverables and providing subject matter expertise related to regulatory requirements. In this capacity, the Compliance Lead will be responsible for working with counsel and the compliance team to identify and assess risk within applicable requirements, and provide guidance to mitigate risk. Remotely, the role will report to the Affirm Compliance Director and will work partner closely with other teams.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with internal partners (Compliance, Product, Marketing, and Strategic Partnerships) to support the marketing compliance requirements and the implementation of strategic partnership’s go-to-market strategy as the compliance expert.
- Develop and maintain guidance and other reference materials enabling low-touch merchant marketing.
- Collaborate with internal partners to optimize processes to support growth and scalability.
- Detail critical processes, support the maintenance of internal team sites, and support the Compliance team in maintaining relevant policies, risk assessments, training materials, and other related items.
- Build relationships with critical business and functional partners, including our Bank partners.
What We're Looking For
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of professional work experience in Compliance Risk, Audit, or Bank Regulatory.
- Excellent organizational and relationship management skills.
- A strong interest in fintech and consumer finance.
- Experience working with consumer financial regulations, including Reg. B (ECOA), UDAAP, CAN-SPAM, FCRA, Reg. E, Reg. P, and Reg. Z.
- Demonstrable experience as a key contributing member of a high-performing team.
- Inquisitive and proactive in proposing creative and effective solutions.
- Strong project management, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to clearly present complex and sensitive issues.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.