Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We're looking for a hardworking and analytically minded professional to join the Strategic Finance team! Strategic Finance is responsible for owning company financial and KPI forecasts, driving company strategy, and performing financial analyses throughout the company. Your work will help set team level goals, annual budgets, and investor guidance and will build the infrastructure to hold the company accountable to achieving its goals. You will have a unique opportunity to work cross-functionally and use quantitative insights to drive better decision-making across the whole organization. The ideal candidate will not only have superb technical skills but also strong interpersonal skills and the ability to influence cross-functionally and to present to all levels of the organization.
What you'll do
- Drive financial modeling on new market opportunities, merchant RFPs, and other strategic business opportunities
- Own construction of financial segment forecasts and reporting for key business lines
- Analyze and report realized financial performance to Executives and other company leaders
- Establish performance measurements and targets, ensure overall analytic rigor in decision making and drive accountability for results
- Join a scrappy, tight-knit team with outsized cross-functional impact and ownership
What we look for
- Passion and drive to disrupt the lending and financial industry for the better
- Ability to think creatively and critically and a desire to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic, and often ambiguous work environment
- 1+ years experience in analytically-driven roles (finance, consulting, analytics, data science, etc.)
- Excellent excel ability (you should be prepared for a financial model case study)
- Experience and/or strong interest in learning SQL and Python
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.