Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Personalization Engineering focuses on ranking and serving relevant, timely, and actionable content to power engaging user experiences throughout the shopping journey that connect new and returning customers to merchants where Affirm financial products open a new world of possibility.
Our team is growing and looking for a staff software engineer to help expand our products to acquire and monetize consumers while delighting them. Come join us!
What You’ll Do
- Design and implement large scale and low latency services, elegant abstractions, shareable libraries, and robust APIs
- Influence the features and direction of the product and platform with your own ideas
- Look for ways to improve the end-to-end experience for developers working on our systems
- Partner with internal engineering teams and third-party vendors to develop consistent and scalable solutions in order to allow every one of our products to confidently know who it’s serving
- Collaborate with cross functional engineering teams, product managers, designers and analysts to deliver high quality consumer experience
- Take an active role in mentoring junior engineers, and the processes that support team growth and efficiency
What We Look For
- Passion and drive to change consumer banking for the better
- Technical leadership; someone capable of handling mentorship, cross functional project execution, and solid individual contributions
- Prior experience architecting, building, launching and maintaining complex systems
- Well-developed interpersonal, written and verbal communication
- Humility and self-awareness to understand and navigate the unknown
- Prior experience in developing Mobile applications a plus
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.