Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Your role will be instrumental in designing the next generation of Affirm’s checkout platform to provide a world-class buying experience that puts customers first!
We are seeking a Backend Senior Software Engineer to build out financial products and features providing new levels of accessibility and flexibility to our users. You will architect, design, and implement new API’s and microservice interfaces to manage every users’ transaction with Affirm. You will also use your technical skillset to find opportunities to improve the performance and reliability of the systems that drive the user journey through purchasing with Affirm.
We are experiencing explosive growth with millions of customers across thousands of merchants in-store and online, and your contributions will be a key enabler of that growth. Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
What you'll do
- Technical strategy for broad or complex requirements with insightful and forward-looking approaches that go beyond the direct team and solve large open-ended problems
- Actively own checkout systems and define their long-term health, while also improving the health of surrounding systems
- Collaborate with engineers within our team and across the organization to build the next generation of the checkout platform
- Improve engineering standards, tooling, and processes across checkout and our broader teams
What we look for
- Take Ownership. You enjoy working with product and engineering leaders to develop detailed project definitions, and drive technical decisions within your team and beyond
- Execute. You have a proven track record of developing, testing, and shipping high-quality software at scale
- Collaborate. You communicate clearly both verbally and in writing. If anything, you trend towards over-communication
- Build Teams. You mentor other engineers in a technical capacity through sharing your learnings and providing feedback that will help the team grow
- Customer-centric mentality. You are empathetic to the user experience and thoughtful about what we can do to make it better
Technology You Will Use
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
At Affirm, People Come First is one of our core values, and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2020 DEI Report.
We also believe It’s On Us to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.