Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a smart, driven individual to join our Capital team as a Bank Program Manager. One of the key responsibilities of Affirm’s Capital team is building and managing relationships with the company’s originating bank partners, whom we rely upon to support billions of dollars of loan originations each year.
You should understand how a lending business works and have a base knowledge of bank policies, procedures, and regulations; you should also be excited to “get in the weeds” and learn the nuts & bolts of the integration between Affirm and our bank partners.
The ideal candidate ties this all together with strong organizational, interpersonal, and problem solving skills, as well as the desire to work with various partners - cross-functional engagement is key!
What you'll do
- Act as the main point of contact between originating banks and Affirm to manage the day-to-day needs of internal and external partners
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the bank partner relationships, including all contractual requirements, business agreements, money movements, and more
- Become the subject matter expert on all aspects of the partnerships, including key areas of focus and sensitivity
- Build partner confidence in Affirm’s business, teams, and systems
- Own and project manage ongoing deliverables, timelines, and expectations
- Think strategically about opportunities to enhance or expand bank partner relationships and drive project plans to execute on these opportunities
What we look for
- 2-4 years of experience in bank partnerships, finance, business operations, or project/program management
- Experience running complex, cross-functional projects and initiatives
- Expertise in influencing internal and external partners by building trust and credibility
- An end-to-end problem solving skill-set, from structuring a complex problem through to developing actionable recommendations and working with other teams to get solutions implemented
- The ability to toggle in real time between high-level strategy work or business negotiations to in-the-weeds solutions for day-to-day initiatives