Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
Affirm is the leading next-generation E-Commerce payments player in the U.S.. Affirm provides extra spending power and pay-over-time options to consumers shopping online - positively impacting both the consumer journey and the business results of our partners. Affirm currently partners with many of the biggest online fashion marketplaces and has a rapidly growing stable of iconic partner brands (including Rag & Bone, Gucci, The Real Real, Veronica Beard, Neiman Marcus and hundreds more).
We're looking for a dynamic Sales Manager who will identify and drive new opportunities to build out our rapidly-growing Fashion business. You will manage a team of Account Executives and grow out the team. You will operate on the front-lines and be closely engaged with the market - developing and expanding relationships with business influencers and decision-makers. You will engage with partners across the spectrum from more established players to new, high-growth brands, creating customer value and forging new commercial partnerships in an efficient timeframe.
You're a resourceful leader who thrives in a challenging, fast-paced environment. Your role will have a direct impact on top-priority, company-wide goals and will provide accelerated learning opportunities with a world-class team.
What you'll do
- Start as a Player/Coach role and move into a pure management role as you expand the team
- Drive revenue and market share across the Fashion portfolio of prospective merchant accounts.
- Develop and execute against a comprehensive account/territory plan
- Generate revenue by selling managing, and developing client relationships
- Manage a team of existing team of Account Executives as well as hire additional AEs
- Meet or exceed targets for revenue and sales activity
- Be the voice of the Fashion Vertical to Affirm
- Create & articulate compelling value propositions around Affirm solution
- Prepare a variety of status reports, including weekly forecasts, sales activity metrics, signed deals, and adherence to Affirm’s overall sales goals
- Manage pipeline and follow through with presentations, proposals and contracts
- Coach, mentor, and develop Account Executives
- Work cross functionally with a variety of internal stakeholders on various strategic and administrative tasks
What we look for
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of closing experience on high performing sales teams. Previous management experience preferred.
- Ability to hit goals while coaching other Account Executives.
- Experience in finance, technology, consulting, growth equity or retail e-commerce and experience selling into Fashion merchants.
- Proven experience using consultative approach to partner with ecommerce merchants (ideally tech/finance products)
- Driven to succeed and be able to work both independently and with a team to build your book of business
- Strong strategy, research, analysis, presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong knowledge, interest and experience in Fashion companies preferred
- Comfortable working with both internal teams and external partners
- Experience and/or comfort in managing deals and speaking with decision makers at e-commerce companies
- Willingness to step up to greater responsibility, strong desire to contribute to overall goals
- Excellent ability to communicate and extremely detail-oriented