Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
What you'll do
- Prepare grant files, timely and accurately process new grants (including the delivery of stock agreements) as well as varied transactions with a strong know-how of accounting, legal, and tax implications
- Review proposed secondary sale activity and evaluate Affirm's preferences to exercise ROFR or transfer restrictions by communicating with Finance, Legal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with Strategic Finance and People teams to develop appropriate and feasible equity compensation plans
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, and annual reconciliations of all equity-related transactions, including maintenance of the stock plan reserves
- Conduct monthly, quarterly, yearly reporting as required
- Collaborate with Legal, Finance, and People teams to communicate materials, compliance, grant process, and management reports
- Collaborate with SOX, Finance, Payroll, Legal and People on entire stock reporting requirements (including 3921s, 701 disclosures)
- Respond to all executive, employee, investors and other key stakeholders inquiries
- Prepare and deliver content for employee education.
- Leverage technology and data analytics to enhance reporting and effectiveness of the equity function
- Connect and benchmark continuously with other global organizations to bring best practices to equity administration
- Act as point of contact for our outside legal counsel and Carta, as well as lead an implementation of a equity administration system
What we look for
- 7+ years of progressive stock administration experience with 2 years in a publicly traded company
- CEP certification (preferred)
- Extensive experience working cross-functionally on equity matters with Legal, Finance, and People teams
- Experience helping a company through the IPO process
- A proven track record of leveraging technology to support growth at scale
- Experience with Carta and other equity management platforms
- Strong communication (written and verbal) skills and attention to detail
- Multi-tasking and time management skills, and an ability to stay organized in a fast-paced environment
- The desire to improve broken processes and make your own job easier over time
- Passion for Affirm and a strong interest in technology
- Proficient knowledge of MS Excel, Word and GSuite
- A passion for equity and helping our employees understand it
- A penchant for discretion
We’re excited to announce that Affirm is now a remote-first company! This role can be located anywhere in the U.S. and Canada (with the exception of Quebec). Remote based employees may occasionally travel to an Affirm office for meetings or team building events. Our offices in San Francisco, New York City, Pittsburgh, Chicago, and Salt Lake City will remain operational and accessible for anyone to use on a voluntary basis.
Please note that visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
If you got to this point, we hope you're feeling excited about the job description you just read. Even if you don't feel that you meet every single requirement, we still encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people that believe in Affirm's mission and can contribute to our team in a variety of ways – not just candidates who check all the boxes.
At Affirm, "People Come First" is a core value and that’s why diversity and inclusion are vital to our priorities as an equal opportunity employer. You can read about our D&I program here and our progress thus far in our 2019 D&I report.
We also believe “It’s On Us” to provide an inclusive interview experience for all, including people with disabilities. We are happy to provide reasonable accommodations to candidates in need of individualized support during the hiring process.