Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for intelligent, driven professionals to join the Merchant Pricing team. Merchant Pricing is responsible for enabling efficient value exchange between merchants and consumers through innovative and strategic pricing solutions and building best practices.
In this role, you will help Affirm scale up its merchant base and achieve profitability targets while managing risk and will collaborate with Credit, Product, Engineering, Applied Machine Learning, Commercial, Finance and Capital Markets teams! The ideal candidate will have strong analytical and problem solving skills with solid knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations.
What you'll do
- Analyze and synthesize both quantitative and qualitative data to develop compelling pricing strategy
- Identify areas to drive product monetization, understand trade off between price and quality and develop strategies to maximize profit margins
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to price merchants and strategic partners.
- Own Go-to-Market merchant pricing strategies for different verticals, products, and platforms
- Assist in pricing automation and develop models to streamline merchant pricing processes with Client Success team
- Develop a robust pricing optimization and monitoring infrastructure; and leverage this infrastructure, to assess, define, and scale pricing opportunities for different verticals
- Assist in new product formation and new markets exploration
What we look for
- 8+ years of experience in an analytically-driven strategy role (management consulting, finance, analytics, credit, etc.)
- Proactive leader who can seek out new opportunities, drive projects, navigate ambiguity, and develop creative solutions with minimal guidance
- Strong working knowledge of analytical tools, such as SQL and Python
- Ability to collaborate and influence across different teams in the organization
- Experience in producing BI reports, such as Looker and Tableau is a plus
- Enough laziness to find a faster way to do your least favorite tasks
- Intelligence + Humility. Hubris is the fastest way to blow up a bank!
- Grit. Lots of grit. You’ll wear 7 hats and not love all of them