Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest.
We’re looking for a driven professional to join our Quantitative Research team. Quantitative Research is a part of the broader Quantitative Markets team, which is responsible for structuring and pricing Affirm’s debt funding deals and researching and building data-driven models to analyze and predict the performance of Affirm’s consumer loans.
In this role, you will be primarily focused on analytical tools development, working with engineers and data scientists around the company to improve the usability of the take-up and loan cashflow models! Over time, you would proactively engage with other stakeholders around Affirm to tailor models to the needs of Merchant Pricing, Credit, Applied Machine Learning, Finance, and other partners. We are searching for a candidate with strong analytical and problem solving skills and a proven knowledge of analytical tools, as well as interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally and drive forward recommendations!
What you'll do
- Architect, build, refine and increase automation and research infrastructure for modeling existing collateral and simulation frameworks performance for future loan originations
- Collaborate with platform (Machine Learning and Engineering) teams to implement framework for automating and presenting analytics, reports, and monitoring
- Deep dive into Affirm collateral to identify potential threats and opportunities for different partners on the asset and liability side
- Collaborate with firm-wide analytics teams to deliver analyses and tools to users across the firm
- Review implementation of models focusing on requirement verification and code quality and conduct code review for different members of the team.
What we look for
- Undergraduate, Masters, or PhD in Computer Science or other quantitative field
- 4-7 years of professional experience developing quantitative infrastructure tools and platforms
- Solid background in math/statistics/finance and familiarity with quantitative research methodologies and machine learning algorithms
- Analyze unique business operational requirements and conduct research in order to design appropriate technical solutions to accommodate those functional needs
- Ability to contribute to the analytics, research, and model development process
- Ability to develop positive relationships and work across all organizational levels
- Github experience preferred. Existing github presence a plus