Acumen Academy is seeking an Associate with 2 - 3 years of experience to support operations of our online courses. Although the role works from Bogota, the team is global. Fluency in both Spanish and English required.
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About Acumen Academy
Acumen Academy is the world’s school for social change. We aim to unleash a new generation of social innovators and leaders with the determination and grit to build a more just, inclusive and sustainable world. Anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, can access the practical tools, practices, resources and supportive community they need to achieve positive social change. With 800+ Fellows and over 700,000 course takers in 197 countries, the Acumen Academy community represents a new generation of social innovators and leaders committed to doing what’s right in a world that loves easy. Explore Acumen Academy
About the Role
The Course Operations Associate will play a critical role in maintaining and improving the operations required to run and update our growing suite of online course offerings that equip social innovators with entrepreneurial and leadership skills to grow their impact. Accountabilities include:
Manage courses customer service email account:
- Respond promptly and helpfully to inquiries from our global audience of course takers to resolve technical issues and support their learning
- Document trends in user questions, issues, feedback and surface to relevant teams to define and address systemic challenges
Maintain course content and schedule:
- Conduct quality assurance checks and support implementation of updates for new and existing course landing pages and curriculum materials
- Set up courses within the learning management systems to start and end by conducting pre-checks, adjusting timelines for communications and assignments, and notifying relevant teams
- Report on course enrollment and engagement metrics
Collaborate across teams:
- Coordinate across multiple stakeholders including among internal teams, external partners, and course takers to surface and resolve operational and technical challenges
- Track recurring challenges in user experience or project operations, troubleshoot issues, and identify opportunities for continuous process improvement to simplify, streamline, and automate operations for course takers and internal teams
- Develop and maintain guides of processes and systems required to effectively and efficiently operate courses
Skills and Qualifications
- 2 - 3 years of work experience
- Fluency in both English and Spanish and able to write clearly in both languages
- Excellent organizational and planning skills. Ability to capture full picture, organize information in an actionable way, and have foresight and prepare
- Strong project management skills. Able to deliver high quality work in a timely manner while working across multiple projects simultaneously
- Effective at navigating technical platforms and applications. Ability to rapidly learn learning platforms such as NovoEd and Thinkific and independently troubleshoot technology issues
- Skilled at getting to the bottom of problems and identifying root causes
- Able to attend to small details and extrapolate larger trends of recurring issues and identify potential solutions or process improvements
- Has a customer service orientation and skills: What is needed? How can I help?
- Strong communicator who is able to communicate clearly and respectfully to a diverse global audience
- Able to keep a collaborative, globally distributed team and remote manager updated on the status of projects and issues
- Experience with online learning platforms, customer service or social entrepreneurship (preferred)
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanently authorized to work in Colombia
Apply as soon as possible as applications will be screened and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis.