Acumen is looking for an Office Operations Associate in NYC with 1 – 4 years of work experience. This role reports into the Chief Financial Officer. This role is in the office at this time unless there are further lockdowns (there will be occasional flexibility to work from home on some days).
Acumen is changing the way the world tackles poverty by investing in companies, leaders, and ideas. We invest patient capital in businesses whose products and services help people living in poverty to transform their lives. To date, Acumen has positively impacted 309 million lives by investing $137M in 139 innovative, early-stage companies in Africa, Latin America, South Asia, and the United States. But investment isn’t only about capital, we’ve been investing in innovators for years, connecting with emerging leaders around the world and engaging them in collective dialogue, moral inquiry, and skill building.
About the role
Operations is about designing and monitoring the processes and systems of production. What is “the production” that we would like you to steward? The systems, processes, vendors, and expenses associated with our NY and London office with some support services to SF.
- Assess office use and needs during optional return to work phase and offer information up the line; execute plans when there is a return to office
- Coordinate property manager and vendors on security, lights, electrical, HVAC, cleaning… source new vendors as needed. Ensure space is compliant with regulations and any building specific stipulations
- Be present to coordinate services, receive deliveries, send FedEx and UPS shipments
- Kitchen and office supply inventory, scheduling and organizing deliveries
- Maintain current office budgets with a current tally on incoming costs, track and submit all vendor and office invoices, follow up to make sure no payments fall through the cracks
- Receive and distribute inbound mail and packages to appropriate people; manage accounts with couriers
- Steward relationship with corporate travel agency, review and categorize expenses, report monthly spends and trends to Finance; point of contact for internal feedback
- Attend building trainings in NYC; collaborate with Legal team to maintain updated business continuity plans
- Take inbound office requests from London for facilities, supplies, and travel
- Obtain COIs and required documentation for all vendors and file with building property manager; ensure tax exemption documentation is filed with vendors
- Handle visitor registration for individuals and group visits
- Greet visitors
- Receive incoming calls to the NY office, screen for sales calls
- Manage employee requests through task-management platform for NY, SF and UK teams
- Ensure seamless technology support by liaising effectively with Acumen’s managed IT service provider
- Participate in regular strategy and budget meetings with IT managed service provider and CFO
- Collaborate with other office administrators and assist managed IT service provider with org-wide IT projects (including country offices), implementations and administration, such as coordinating firewall installations
- Facilitate new IT equipment upgrades, leases, and purchases as necessary
- Billing operations for global technology vendors and ensure timely processing of invoices
Skills and Qualifications:
- 1 – 4 years of experience in operations
- Good organizational skills, good planning skills, good project management skills
- Good customer service skills: What is needed? How can I help?
- Good budgeting skills
- Good stakeholder management skills and coordinating stakeholders toward a shared outcome.
- Ability to pay vendors in a timely and coordinated fashion sharing transparency with Finance
- Experience using technology; Mastery of Microsoft Office applications including G-Suite, Outlook, Excel, and Word. Ability to learn new applications, such as Slack, Netsuite or equivalent software.
- Self reflective and aligned with Acumen values
- Permanent work authorization in US
Candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed and candidates interviewed on a rolling basis.