Are you looking for a role that motivates and challenges you? Are you ready for an opportunity for growth? Do you want to work on teams where people roll up their sleeves to take on tough problems together, and regularly blow the doors off our clients with their outstanding teamwork? If you answered yes to those questions, 3Cloud might just be for you!
At 3Cloud, we hire people who aren’t afraid to experiment or fail. We hire people who are willing to give direct and candid feedback to their managers, leaders, and team members. We hire people who jump at those opportunities because they care about our collective growth and success. We hire people who challenge and hold each other accountable for living 3Cloud’s core values because they know that it will result in amazing experiences and solutions for our clients and each other.
The Consulting Director for the Open Source Software team will be leading a team of cloud native developers building and/or modernizing applications for the cloud. We work with a variety of clients from startups to enterprises to design, POC and construct state of the art applications leveraging Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Spring Cloud, AI and ML, search, and other PaaS tools in Azure.
- People Management – Lead a team of consultants, working to grow them in their careers, responsible for utilization and ensuring projects deliver the ultimate Azure Experience.
- Technical Leadership – Lead a technical team and assist less experienced developers with technical deliverables. Participates in the design of the cloud architecture.
- Solution Design – Translate business and technical requirements into solution designs that satisfy the business needs and comply with approved standards.
- Code Development – Develop and enhance application code. This includes unit testing to ensure all the functions are performing to specification.
- Testing – Lead validation efforts by performing and/or assisting others in validating that the solution performs as expected. This includes and is not limited to unit testing, system integration testing, performance testing, regression testing, user acceptance testing and defect remediation.
- Learning – Stay up to date on emerging technology trends and their impact on cloud solutions.
- Assessments – Lead app migration assessments from legacy Java platforms like WebSphere, JBoss and WebLogic to Java Spring Boot to support a modernizing a customer’s application to the cloud.
- 5+ years of recent experience leading multiple teams.
- Experience estimating complex solutions and leading teams to deliver on those estimates.
- 5+ years of recent experience in Java Spring Boot application development (Java 8+)
- 5+ years of experience with J2EE based frameworks like WebSphere, JBoss or WebLogic to support assessments and migration to modern frameworks.
- Ability to manage a span of control of 20-40.
- A strong desire to learn cloud-based patterns and develop Java applications in Azure.
- Experience with one or more of the following frameworks: Spring, Spring Boot, Jersey, RESTEasy, Quarkus
- Experience with various Software Development Life Cycle methods such as Agile, SCRUM, Waterfall, etc.
- 3+ years of using relational databases and writing basic queries (SQL and PL/SQL)
- Strong experience with DevOps methodology, cloud environments and with Microservices architecture
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven ability to design and build technical solutions using applicable technologies; ability to demonstrate strong coding skills
- Strong experience with web services, executing calls and interpreting responses (SOAP or REST)
- Strong experience in interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
- Experience in a consulting environment is a big plus
- Experience supporting pre-sales efforts, especially in a consulting environment, is a big plus.
- Demonstrated experience working with cross functional teams or in a matrixed environment is a plus.
- Experience with Pivotal Cloud Foundry or Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience with implementing and/or participating in a Monolith to Microservices transformation is a plus
- Experience with Domain Driven Design is a plus
- Strong experience in OOA/OOD and design patterns is a plus
3Cloud Total Rewards Highlights Include:
- Flexible work location with a virtual first approach to work!
- 401(K) with match up to 50% of your 6% contributions of eligible pay
- Generous PTO providing a minimum of 15 days in addition to 9 paid company holidays and 2 floating personal days
- Three medical plan options to allow you the choice to elect what works best for you!
- Option for vision and dental coverage
- 100% employer premium coverage for STD and LTD
- Paid leave for birth parents and non-birth parents
- Option for FSA, HSA, HRA and Dependent Care
- $67.00 monthly tech and home office allowance
- Utilization and/or discretionary bonus eligibility based on role
- Robust Employee Assistance Program to help with everyday challenges
Don’t meet every single requirement? At 3Cloud we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive and authentic workplace, so if you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyway.
At this time, we cannot sponsor applicants for work visas.