WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
A collaborative Senior Environment Technical Artist to drive productivity, innovation, and efficiency in our game. With your creative yet disciplined approach, you will take ownership over many technical parts of the environment pipeline where you will help solve interesting challenges and evolving problems. You will partner with Technical Art Director, game designers, producers, engineers, artists and more to understand needs, design solutions, and make them a reality.
- Build a strong collaborative relationship with your director, peers, and customers
- Develop the tech, tools, and pipelines allowing us to innovate efficiently within the environment techart space at the highest standards
- Support a variety of art teams including environment and props
- Work in the engine looking for ways to streamline runtime performance
- Understand game performance, profiling, and the development methodologies required to facilitate the creation of performant art
- Help set team standards around documentation, scripting best practices, and overall tool quality
Who you are:
You are highly skilled in your craft and inspired by solving the technical challenges that empower content creators. A collaborative teammate that partners with other domains to bring the best solutions to the team and project.
- Expert Maya technical knowledge
- Strong Python scripting and Maya Python API skills
- Familiar with existing technical standards within the environment techart space
- Deep understanding of DCC -> Engine export pipelines
- Comfortable with destruction pipelines, materials, FX, LODs, HLODs, Proxy Mesh, etc.
- Proactive troubleshooting and problem solving to help the team as needed
- Customer focused: customers are what drive technology, not technology for the sake of it
- Great collaborative teamwork skills
- Appreciates modularity, reuse, and elegant design
- Unreal knowledge
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: