Who we are:
We are a diverse team and experienced team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
As a Lead Environment Artist at 31st Union, your passion, knowledge, and experience will be integral to growing a team of talented artists and defining the look and style of a new generation of player driven experiences. Your expertise will be central to bringing our immersive landscapes, architecture, props, and natural environments to life.
- Be a high level individual contributor who is production and process minded.
- Work with Art Directors and other Leads to ensure that the environment art team understands the artistic vision and propagate the artistic values throughout the game.
- Collaborate with Design and Narrative leads to create stunning and compelling environments.
- Communicate clearly and regularly with the leads and production in both Valencia and North America (San Mateo studio) to align team efforts.
- Participate in scoping and creative vision discussions and advocate for the environment team’s needs.
- Establish asset authoring best practices by way of collaborating with Engineering and Tech Art to understand asset creation specs and parameters.
- Establish and maintain modular asset pipelines for world and architecture kits.
- Partner with Production to provide feedback and input on development schedules
- Supervise the day-to-day activities of the Art Environment Team
- Create and manage asset lists in collaboration with internal partner teams
- Review assets from internal and / or external partners
- Mentor and grow leadership potential within the environment team.
Who you are:
You are an experienced Environment Artist with strong knowledge AAA games and have an attention to detail. You are proficient in both Substance Designer and Substance Painter with knowledge in developing workflows and leading a team of artist. You are on the lookout for next gen tools and practices that empower your team and improve efficiency for the project.
You possess a keen ability to communicate and collaborate across disciplines sharing ideas and articulating visions. You are inspired by growth and excellence and thrive on sharing your knowledge with your teammates while continually honing your craft. Iterating, communicating, and creating together is what drives your passion for art and games.
You are knowledgeable in all the tools, techniques, and asset creation pipelines: UE5, Substance Designer, Substance Painter, ZBrush, Maya/Blender, Photoshop, Jira, Confluence.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.