***Resumes must be submitted in English***
2K’s newest AAA development studio, 31st Union, is excited to launch its Spanish expansion!
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games.
Our 31st Union Valencia studio is seeking a Lead Designer to join our team and help us shape the future of online multiplayer gaming. You’re a great fit for this role if you love dreaming up large systems or large world maps from an early stage, have a commitment to accessibility for a broad set of users, and are capable of driving team-wide decisions in service of quality.
- Design, pitch, & hone ideas from concept stage forward. Examine desired player experience goals and introduce systems that help fulfill that experience
- Work in tight partnership with design and creative directors to funnel broad product considerations into strategy around ideal gameplay systems that are distributed across a team of designers
- Guide and mentor other designers to meet targeted player experience
- Gather feedback from a variety of sources to determine the best steps forward
- Collaborate deeply with other disciplines. This role will touch on everything from animation to UI to sound and VFX, as well as working closely with core engineering teams
- Lead design discussions for all areas of design across the entire game
- Provide feedback on works in progress across all areas of the game, especially focused feedback for gameplay systems
- Drive conversations and structure of a large feature with an emphasis on accessibility, intuitive usability, and multi-platform interaction
- Deep familiarity with technical best practices in modern AAA engines, functional prototyping methodology, and script/code
- Strong passion for online multiplayer action games
- Experience with modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.)
- Experience with designing and building functional gameplay systems in a visual scripting tool (ala Unreal Blueprint) and/or code or code-style scripting languages (C/C++, Lua, etc)
- Strong understanding of systematic or world design
- Ability to learn and ramp up on new tools and processes quickly
- Able to work and communicate in English
- Must be EU Citizen
- Experience programming, both code & visual scripting (C++, C#, etc. | Blueprint, Kismet, etc.)
- Experience in UI/UX implementation
- A passion for diversity & representation in games & game development
- Comfortable with rapid iteration based off feedback from many sources: peer review, data analytics, player surveys, etc. Capable of filtering large volumes of feedback into concrete and actionable improvements
- Ability to iterate & collaborate under deadlines & production constraints
- Familiarity with common production methodologies, processes, and software
- Understanding of other disciplines at a moderate level (VFX, animation, audio, level design, gameplay engineering)
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.