WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
Our Lead Character Artist will form the next generation of diverse and innovative characters through the creation of high and low poly models. You will partner with the Art Director, Designers, Engineers, and Artists to establish pipelines and produce assets that are both beautiful and technically sound. You are nimble in the face of artistic and technical challenges and able to galvanize a team around a goal. Your knowledge of form, color, and design will bring life and energy to characters that will be loved by players around the globe for years to come. Your passion for your craft and attention to detail, will shape a fantastic new game that you and the team around you can be proud of.
- Partner with Art Director to inspire and maintain high visual quality of character models
- Collaborate with engineers and tech artists to develop an effective character art pipeline that empowers teammates to do their best work
- Mentor the internal and external character teams through clear, thoughtful and actionable verbal and written feedback
- Communicate the visual design and development of the characters through art specifications, style guides and reference material
- Receive and provide art and design feedback based on high level direction
- Hone your craft through collaboration and self-guided exploration
- Define and uphold a quality bar that inspires pride and purpose through consistently creating high quality Character Art assets that are technically sound
Who you are:
- Proficient in Unreal 4 workflows and PBR pipelines
- Advanced knowledge of Maya, ZBrush, Substance Painter, and Photoshop
- An extensive portfolio of high-quality characters art assets - including high and low poly models
- Illustrate mastery over traditional art concepts of human anatomy, weight, color theory, and silhouette
- Passion for games and game development
- Expertly honed eye for detail
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: