WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
In partnership with 2K Foundations, 31st Union is excited to launch its first ever 12-week Game Pod Internship with a goal of generating inspired ideas under the mentorship and guidance of the industries most seasoned AAA developers. You will learn the iterative process, best practices, collaboration, innovation, and presentation skills in a joyful environment of excellence, trust and inclusion. We are excited to learn from the next generation of developers as we create a truly global and inclusive game that thrills the world over.
This Internship is reserved for underrepresented voices (BIPOC, female, LGBTQ+, differently abled/disabled) in video game development in the areas of:
- Inspired to create compelling, innovative, unparalleled game experiences
- Portfolio of ideas and projects to show
- Skills in C/C++, C#, Java, Python other OOP languages, Blueprints and UE
- Code samples, GitHub, Website
- Portfolio showcasing your personal and school project stylized concept, environment, character art. 2D/3D, fine art and digital
- Portfolio showcasing your Animation skills
Who you are:
Exceptional talent in your desired field. Exceptional character as a human.
Currently enrolled in a Boot Camp, Game Design Program, Bachelor’s degree or Master’s Degree program in Game Design, or a related discipline.
Demonstrated initiative through personal projects and / or past internships.
Ability to work independently as well as on a team efficiently under deadlines.
A driving passion for making video games, with both school and personal projects demonstrating your commitment to games
Should covid allow, be able work at our offices in San Mateo, CA during the Summer internship period. Otherwise be comfortable and productive working from home.
You should be authorized to work in the US, or able to obtain a student work authorization through your current university program
- Submit a resume, along with a cover letter describing your passion for games and your field.
- If you have a website with Design samples, or examples of games or mods you have designed, please include the URL.
- Interviews will be conducted with the finalist and selections made by May 15, 2021
Application Deadline: May 15, 2021
Please note that 31st Union and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. All correspondence will come from an official 31st Union or 2K domain account.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: