HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf. Our team is growing, and we are looking for a Junior Technical Artist to join our team of professionals who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development!
As a Junior Technical Artist, you will be part of a team of professionals ensuring our product’s art and animation are enhanced by the use of processes, systems, and software!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Work across departments to support the development of software tools and scripts which improve the development of visual targets.
- Collaborate across departments to complete skinning and asset integration tasks.
- Follow standards and workflows to ensure work is not compromised by the limitation of technical processes.
- Contributes to technical aspects of art within the creative and technical specifications of the software product.
- Create and implement artwork on assigned portions of software products and write low-level software code and scripts as required.
- Research industry developments and share feedback on new tools and techniques to improve efficiency of content production.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Up to 3 years of related professional experience.
- Technical Art experience shipping one game title is considered a plus.
- Experience with Python, Substance Designer or Unity is considered a plus.
- Familiar with Maya skinning and modeling practices.
- A reliable great teammate with the ability to work independently.
- An effective communicator in both verbal and written forms.
- A detail-oriented person with flexibility and problem-solving skills.