Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
As our games get bigger and more sophisticated, we are growing our analytics group. Reporting into the Senior Director of Player Analytics and heading up a critical pillar in our analytics department. Directly partnering with our growth, marketing and sales teams to generate key insights and employ strategies that will drive the growth of our games.
Leading a large team of data scientists and business analysts. Responsible for delivering analyses, predictive and prescriptive models for marketing and sales and strategic business decisions. You will have a comprehensive view of paid and unpaid marketing tactics that extrapolate concrete findings. Experience with pricing strategies and forecasting. Critical for this role is being a creative problem solver and self-starter with passion and enthusiasm to get results for meaningful changes.
What You Will Do
- Working closely with Marketing, MarTech, and Data Engineering teams to collect, coordinate and analyse all historical data related to offline and online marketing campaigns.
- Analyse game and player data to establish customer segmentation models for each product. Helping to prioritise and customise game features and content.
- Use predictive modelling to establish behaviour patterns that assist with player lifecycle management, such as propensity to buy, to spend and churn.
- Collaborate with the other members of the analytics team to bring the gameplay and marketing data together. Building predictive models for customer segmentation and campaign optimisation.
- Working with growth and marketing teams to figure out data needs to be captured to serve their needs. Determine the best methodology for meeting those needs.
- Identify optimisation opportunities across marketing channels. Working with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities.
- Develop statistical models to understand the relationship between different campaign factors and attributes. Working alongside sales and support marketing teams, planning campaigns and setting the media mix.
- Working with our international teams to apply analytics practice to different regions and territories.
- Establishing and distributing regular performance reports and insights to finance, marketing and growth teams.
- Perform channel and region-specific deep dives where vital.
- Present findings taken from data analysis both in person and in presentation form for remote groups.
What Will Make You A Great Fit
- 8+ years demonstrated ability in data mining & analytics with very large, sophisticated and multi-dimensional data sets
- 6+ years of experience in leading analysts and data scientists.
- Experience working with paid and unpaid marketing channels, multi-channel attribution and media mix models
- In depth experience with sophisticated database mining tools, such as Tableau, R and with extensive SQL skills.
- Superb communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organisation – having the information is one thing, you must be able to disseminate and educate.
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences – Master’s Degree a plus.
- Video games industry experience is preferred.
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.