Cloud Chamber is looking for a remarkable Character Artist to channel the energy and talents of our existing character team and lead them in creating the denizens of BioShock. You have a highly developed understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette. Your understanding of anatomy, volume, and caricature are exceptional. You are an artist at heart with a superior eye for contrast, color, and detail.
Your strong personal style and point of view sets you apart from the crowd, but you have the ability to navigate and adapt your strengths to create stylized characters and work outside your comfort zone. You are a leader and understand the ebb and flow of mentoring and supporting a team while handling the demands of the project as a whole. You're an authority in your craft and love sharing what you know with other artists.
- Lead and mentor a team of artists, ensuring that each has clear, concrete tasks, goals, and regular constructive feedback
- Work closely with Directors to champion and implement the vision of the project
- Partner with Production to arrange meetings, identify issues, create milestone roadmaps, and continuously improve departmental and interdepartmental communication
- Create exemplary characters that inhabit our world
- Educate and inspire your team
- Set the example for a positive collaborative process
- Collaborate with other departments to perfect workflows and technologies for an improved content creation processes
- Troubleshoot technical issues related to character pipelines and performance.
- Document workflows and establish on-boarding and team training for the character team regarding related tools and processes
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Multiple shipped titles, ideally using Unreal or a comparable engine (e.g. Frostbyte, Crytech, idTech, etc.). Experience developing / shipping AAA first person shooters a plus!
- Previous experience leading a team of character artists on at least one AAA project
- A background/degree in traditional art and media
- Experience working within cross discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments
- Experience structuring and maintaining a thriving development process.
- Ability to work with technical artists and animators to construct and continually refine our cross-discipline pipeline
- A love for research, reference, and detailing your findings to share with the team
- A deep desire to manage a team, push technological boundaries, and create spectacular characters
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.