Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Game Designer to take ownership of BioShock’s resource economy and player evolution. You will chart the course for the player’s progress with weapons, loot, and tools. It’s your job to keep the player engaged, excited and satisfied with their progression through the world of BioShock.
With the assistance of cross disciplinary teams you will design, modify, and optimize the player’s experience through the world of BioShock, ensuring that the player feels rewarded and challenged. You will be tasked with creating innovative features, and balance within the world of BioShock.
- Devise progression features and create balance for the player within our in-game economy
- Design systems that reward and challenge players
- Collaborate with other disciplines to set goals and build features
- Brainstorm with other designers to iterate on ideas
- Document the systems you’ve designed to update and clearly communicate with collaborative teams
- Constantly fine tune the in-game balancing
- Create tools to help balance and implement design features.
- Work within the engine to set-up objects, edit data tables and test game features.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in professional Game Design, preferably AAA console
- Experience creating and manipulating complex player progression systems
- Strong problem solving skills with the ability to predict problems and proactively define solutions
- Experience with data analysis
- Ability to accept critique, pivot, and iterate on feedback
- Outstanding visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Collaborative with a strong team spirit
- Ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.