Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We are looking for an outstanding veteran software engineer who can utilize their mastery in both game development and leadership to guide the engineering team. If you join us, you'll use your broad expertise to lead the team from start to finish, work directly with producers and development partners to ensure stable deliveries, and provide support for your fellow engineers. Whether you're defining programming conventions, reviewing the work of your peers, or thinking forward to remove potential blockers, you've got the aptitude to both produce consistent results and provide informed direction.
What You'll Do
- Craft and develop data and code while providing leadership for the programming team
- Work independently to implement new in game functionality
- Quickly adapt to new coding environments and programming standards
- Collaborate with other programmers to write code, fix bugs, and implement new features
- Analyze game performance and implement optimizations in both high and low-level code to compensate
- Implement processor specific optimization tasks, typically in assembly language
- Design and build standalone tools as needed to assist project development
- Design and implement code for multi-processor environments
- Work with other team members to implement complex systems
- Work with teams in other companies to help them deliver finished products
- Provide accurate schedules and estimates for completing tasks on time
- Identify pipeline bottlenecks and develop opportunities for automation
- Provide mentorship and training for entry and mid-level programmers
Required Experience and Skills
- 8+ years advanced programming in C/C++
- 4+ years scripting languages (C#, Lua, Perl, Python)
- 4+ years console development (Nintendo, Sony, Xbox)
- 6+ years analytics/debugging (PIX, RAD, Visual Studio)
- Shipped two or more AAA titles in a lead role
- Proven experience with 3D math, audio processing, graphics and physics
- Experience with advanced programming techniques, AI, networking
- Familiarity with data manipulation/transformation, file systems, streaming
- Ability to manage large codebases with multiple branches
- Ability to quickly locate, replicate, and fix taxing bugs
- Ability to work well in limited resource environments
- Awesome communication, documentation, and organizational skills
- Passionate video game enthusiast
- Audio experience (Fabric, FMOD, Wwise)
- Engine experience (CryEngine, Unity, Unreal Engine)
- Physics experience (Bullet, Havok, PhysX)
- Rendering experience (D3D, Metal, OpenGL, Vulkan)
- Source control experience (GitHub, Perforce, SVN)
- Post-secondary degree/diploma in computer science
- 4+ years professional development in a related field
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.