SENIOR CINEMATIC ARTIST – FIRAXIS GAMES
Firaxis Games is looking for a talented Senior Cinematic Artist for an exciting AAA Title. This is an opportunity to join an established team behind some of the industry’s most beloved franchises such as the XCOM and the Civilization series.
What is the role?
We are looking for a talented cinematic artist to create memorable scripted and interactive sequences for an exciting new game. You will work closely with Project Leadership to help define and execute in-game cinematic moments across the title. As part of the Studio’s Narrative Team you will help ensure that the highest quality standards of tone, visual style, performance, and animations are met across all key cinematic beats.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has passion, talent, and experience in visual storytelling. Lives and breathes film, TV, and interactive cinematic techniques.
- Can work with writers, designers, and animators to block-out, build, and finalize scenes.
- Understands shot composition, pacing, and animation.
- Can balance quality with efficiency when working under deadlines
- Is experienced in building in-game cinematic moments on previous titles.
- At least 5 years working on CG cinematic experiences in setting, designing, and animating cameras, both for in- game and cinematic moments.
- Proficiency in Unreal and/or other game engines.
- Clear and demonstrable understanding of cinematography, animation, and pacing.
- Ability to multitask across multiple cinematic experiences
- Creative problem solving
Nice to haves:
- A deep love and understanding of video games.
- Previous Storyboarding and previs experience.
- A love of story and passion for storytelling.