At 0x Labs, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. We're a highly technical, globally distributed group of teams working together toward actualizing that mission. In doing so, we're excited and proud to be pushing the envelope across the DeFi and Ethereum stacks.
In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the forefront of internet and economic advancement.
Founded in 2017, 0x Labs created and now partakes in the development of 0x protocol: a network comprised of open-source infrastructure, tooling, and cryptocurrency-based incentives that allow for the decentralized exchange of any blockchain-based digital asset. 0x is a secure, publicly owned and governed, and upgradable standard that’s abstracted away from application-layer developers and enables interoperability between blockchain-based applications.
Alongside the core protocol, 0x Labs also builds and maintains a suite of network incentives, business resources, developer/trader tools (e.g., 0x API), and end-user products (e.g., Matcha).
We’re a remote-first company with core contributors in nearly ten countries and over twice as many cities. Our headquarters is in San Francisco, with an office available for anyone on the team to use at any time.
YOUR ROLE AS THE ENGINEERING MANAGER FOR MATCHA.XYZ AT 0X
As an Engineering Manager at 0x, you’ll report to our Co-CEO and lead a team of 5-10 of the industry’s most talented engineers and partner with product managers, designers, and marketers to build and scale our flagship, consumer-facing retail application, Matcha.xyz.
Matcha is 0x Labs’ first consumer-facing product. Built on top of 0x API, Matcha is a meticulously designed decentralized exchange that makes it safe and easy for anyone in the world to access crypto assets on the Ethereum blockchain as well as others. We provide users with the best prices by aggregating liquidity from all the major decentralized exchanges and splitting/routing orders intelligently.
By focusing on user experience and education, Matcha will onboard the next wave of users into the DeFi ecosystem across multiple chains. As the Engineering Manager on the team, you’ll take a large and early part in building out this flagship product.
From a product perspective, we celebrate IC-driven ownership, and we select leadership for their ability to collaborate on and align company, team, and personal milestones; establish guardrails; empower autonomy; remove blockers; and oversee iteration.
From a human perspective, we value empathy, transparency, perseverance, emotional intelligence, intellectual horsepower, and a growth mindset; and we select leadership for their ability to foster a psychologically safe, upwardly mobile, and high-output/impact culture.
You'll work closely alongside a growing world-class team of front-end engineers and designers as well as other teams and stakeholders across 0x Labs:
- Anshu Das, Matcha’s Product Manager -- Prior to joining 0x, Anshu was a Sr. Product Manager with Spotify where he led Wrapped, and a Product Manager with Snapchat where he worked on Growth.
- Wojciech Wasik, Software Engineer -- Prior to joining 0x, Wojciech worked with the McKinsey/X-Ray platform. He was also part of the engineering team at The Ocean, one of the first decentralized exchange platforms built on top of 0x infrastructure.
- Tong Pow, Software Engineer -- Prior to joining 0x, Tong worked at Bright Machines, a robotics startup. He was also on the product team at BStreet Crypto.
- Jade Tran, Software Engineer -- Prior to joining 0x, Jade was an engineer with Zapier and Cambria Solutions.
- Danny Organ, Product Marketing Manager -- Prior to joining 0x, Danny was on the marketing team for Amazon’s Alexa Answers, Alex ML, and Amazon VR and gaming platforms.
- A new designer -- Recruiting already underway!
- Lead, inspire, and grow our engineering teams, supporting them in achieving exceptional technical quality and inter/intra-team cohesion
- Ensure individual accountability, personal growth, and advancement within the team
- Drive engineering strategy on engineering initiatives, maintaining a deep and current knowledge base of the blockchain space and understanding how to adapt 0x where appropriate
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other teams, including engineering (internal and external), design, research, data science, product management, executive leadership, and recruiting
- Assist in hiring world-class talent
- Be a steward and influencer of our early engineering culture
- Strong technical background and 3+ years of experience in engineering management
- High emotional intelligence
- Adept at planning, prioritization, execution, and coaching
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to tailor messaging to a wide variety of audiences at differing levels of technical sophistication
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- The ability to learn and adapt to a rapidly evolving tech stack
- Knowledge of market structures and exchange-related concepts
- Understanding of blockchain technology, smart contracts, and/or cryptoeconomic protocols
- Competitive salary and equity with occasional cryptocurrency-based perks
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/life/disability) — 100% covered for you and dependents
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Covered mental health benefits (included professional therapy sessions)
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Lunch delivered at home daily for SF residents
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x Labs and its associated entities (0x) are dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its teams and workforce, and are proud to be equal opportunity employers. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.