COMPANY AND ROLE
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
In joining us, you'll be responsible for conducting financial analysis that informs our business decisions and ensures the organization's continued financial well-being, including monitoring spend, running departmental budgets and projections, assisting in headcount planning, and modeling and analyzing any other finance-related initiatives. Working alongside the operations team, you'll also help manage tax compliance and accounting through external partners. Your strategic recommendations will assist our leadership team to make critical decisions.
WHO YOU ARE
You're an ethical, curious, and detailed individual. You're adept at understanding the intricacies of a growing organization's finances and able to project manage with external partners to get the job done. You aim to make the most of the resources at your disposal, and you're scrappy enough to pull together more resources when necessary.
We operate in a nascent, rapidly evolving industry. This means working through new corporate structures and financial frameworks that may be complex, but necessary for paving the path forward. In turn, this presents a unique opportunity to provide enormous impact at an innovative organization.
- Budgeting & planning: prepare meaningful analysis for strategic business decisions and model financial situations
- Establish and track core metrics that are essential to the financial health of the company
- Calculate and forecast burn and runway, and accurately present current future cash position in real-time
- Work cross-functionally to drive process and systematic improvements including data collection and reporting streams across the organization
- Manage bookkeeping and tax process through working with external partners
- 2+ years of FP&A, investment banking, consulting, and/or related experience
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel
- Familiar with setting up finance software systems
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience working in a start-up
- Knowledge of investment accounting and/or treasury management
- Strong interest in fintech and/or open-source
- Ability to write and understand SQL
- Working technical knowledge of tax (e.g. US GAAP accounting, tax laws, US and international compliance deliverables, etc.) is helpful in managing outside financial partners
- Additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision/disability/pet)
- 401k, HSA, and FSA
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and pre-tax transportation expense
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Meals and snacks provided in office daily
- Laptop, headphones, and any other work gear you may need
- 12-week paid parental leave
- Great office conveniently located in Soma/East Cut, SF
- Unlimited vacation: Take time when you need it (and we really mean it)
0x is dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its team and workforce, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.