COMPANY AND ROLE
At 0x, our mission is to create a tokenized world where all value can flow freely. In joining us, you'll take part in transforming the way that value is exchanged on a global scale. We're passionate about open-source software and decentralized technology's potential to act as an equalizing force in the world, and our technology is deployed by a wide array of projects at the cutting edge of internet and economic advancement.
In joining us, you'll be responsible for leading our internal strategic finance initiatives. Working alongside the leadership team, you'll take lead in our organization's continued financial well-being and help manage tax compliance through external partners.
WHO YOU ARE
You're an ethical, curious, and detailed individual. You're adept at understanding the intricacies of a growing organization's finances and able to project manage with external partners to get the job done. You aim to make the most of the resources at your disposal, and you're scrappy enough to pull together more resources when necessary.
We operate in a nascent, rapidly evolving industry. This means working through new corporate structures and financial frameworks that may be complex, but necessary for paving the path forward. In turn, this presents a unique opportunity to provide enormous impact at an innovative organization.
- Budgeting & planning: prepare meaningful analysis for strategic business decisions and model financial situations
- Establish and track core metrics that are essential to the financial health of the company
- Calculate and forecast burn and runway, and accurately present current future cash position in real-time
- Be a trusted advisor to the leadership team; proactively collaborate, influence, and align the company's planning processes to achieve the overall company strategy
- Work cross-functionally to drive process and systematic improvements including data collection and reporting streams across the organization
- 4+ years of investment banking, consulting, FP&A and/or related experience
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline
- Strong financial modeling skills in Excel
- Familiar with setting up finance software systems
- Passion for the benefits of decentralization and the 0x mission
- Exhibit our core values: do the right thing, consistently ship, and focus on long-term impact
- Experience working in a start-up
- Strong interest in fintech and/or open-source
- Ability to write and understand SQL
- Working technical knowledge of tax (e.g. US GAAP accounting, tax laws, US and international compliance deliverables, etc.) is helpful in managing outside financial partners
- Competitive salary and additional cryptocurrency-based compensation
- Comprehensive insurance (medical/dental/vision)
- Monthly mobile phone bill, wellness, and transportation reimbursement
- Flexible hours, liberal work-from-home policy, and a supportive remote environment
- Great office conveniently located in Soma
- Take vacation when you need it (and we really mean it — three weeks/year minimum)
0x is dedicated to fostering diversity, inclusion, and belonging in its team and workforce, and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. 0x does not make employment or hiring decisions on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender expression or identity, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, citizenship, national origin, or any other basis that is protected by applicable local, state, or federal laws. 0x will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a way that is consistent with San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance and similar local laws.