We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
We are seeking an engineer with a focus on analyzing and optimizing the cost, utilization, and efficiency of our cloud resources. This role is a part of our infrastructure SRE team; they will partner primarily with teams throughout our Engineering organization, with some collaboration with Product and Finance.
We focus on building self-serve systems that allow our teams to act independently. The purpose for this position is not to be a gatekeeper of resources, but to enable teams to make informed decisions, while providing guidance on possible designs and patterns. Ideal candidates will have a solid understanding of modern SRE and devops practices along with strong analytical abilities and applied skills in gathering, processing, analyzing, and visualizing data.
- Research, analyze, and communicate resource cost and utilization patterns from disparate data sources
- Navigate different layers of abstraction, tying together information as concrete as bytes on disk and as abstract as user-visible product features
- Build tools and interfaces to make such information transparent and accessible without toil
- Collaborate with our Engineering, Product, and Finance teams to educate and enable good decision-making.
- Influence teams and drive behavior toward best practices and efficient use of resources
- 1+ years experience as an SRE or SWE
- Understanding of cloud infrastructure, cost reporting, and cost optimization at scale in AWS, Azure, or GCP
- Ability to code in python or golang
- Perform data analysis using sql and notebook environments such as jupyter
- Experience processing and analyzing large data sets (exceeding 10 million records/set) using analytical applications and native tools within AWS.
- Strong and versatile communication skills, whether working with individual engineers or company executives
- Deep expertise in the core cloud services architecture and cost mechanics
- Full life cycle implementation of multiple solutions on AWS
- Experience creating cost optimization dashboards, models and reports for engineering teams that utilize cloud services.
- Understanding of data networks and cost implications of distributed workload placement
- Familiarity with tools such as AWS Cost Explorer, kubecost
As part of our team you'll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $140,000-$200,000. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location, and the range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location, role-related knowledge and skills, depth of experience, relevant education or training, and additional role-related considerations.
Depending on the position offered, equity, bonuses, commission, or other forms of compensation may also be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and other benefits.
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice