*At present, due to COVID 19, all employees are working from home remote at this time.*
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects job seekers with millions of businesses of all sizes through innovative mobile app, web, and email services, as well as partnerships with the best job sites on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Summary of Job
At ZipRecruiter, we harness algorithms, machine learning and deep learning models to solve various matching, recommendations, search, NLP and general inference problems all aimed to find the best matches between job seekers and jobs.
We're looking for data science/ML researchers with a passion for problem-solving to join our team of data scientists and help us solve new and existing challenges. researching new models, developing high quality, high-performance code and constantly improving our solutions and expanding their scopes.
As a data science/ML researcher you'll be joining a team of researchers, ML engineer and data engineers working on interesting problems in various fields, researching and developing production-level code that runs algorithms and trains ML models.
- Team player with excellent communication skills
- Master's degree or higher in Computer Science / Mathematics / Statistics or equivalent from a university.
- Proficiency in Python programming language
- Strong background in machine learning
- Substantial industry experience - an advantage
- knowledge in NLP and familiarity with Deep Learning - an advantage
- Acting and thinking as an owner, with production environment in mind
- Fluent in English
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Statistics, or an applied quantitative field. Strong econometrics background is a plus.
- 2+ years experience in a role focused on analytics or machine learning.
- Strong first principles of statistics, comfort with learning and applying novel statistical methods.
- Strong knowledge and experience in at least one of the following areas: prediction, causal inference, Bayesian statistics, or structuring data (e.g., text processing, dimension reduction)
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in a statistical computing language, preferably Python or R.
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
Privacy Notice Language:
- "For information about ZipRecruiter's processing of California job applicant personal data, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/california-job-applicant-privacy-notice"
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.