We offer a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
About the role:
As ZipRecruiter’s VP of People, you will report to the Chief People Officer and work directly with ZipRecruiter’s leadership team to shape the vision for our culture and the strategic direction for the growth, development, and retention of our world-class team. You will manage multiple functions within the HR/People org (including but not limited to People Business Partners, People Operations, and Compensation) and coach the leaders of each of these centers of excellence to deliver an outstanding employee experience. You will bring strong people leadership skills and experience building well-designed people programs to support ZipRecruiter’s continued growth. You will help us scale our people processes and codify our approach to the employee lifecycle.
If ZipRecruiter’s mission resonates with you and you are looking for the opportunity to have a big impact, please reach out!
- Elevate the strategic partnership between People Business Partners and their clients
- Partner with other People team centers of excellence (e.g. People Development, Talent Acquisition, Workplace Experience) to deliver on the employee value proposition
- Drive an ever increasing level of service and efficiency in all people processes and interactions
- Provide thought leadership on employee engagement, especially as we continue to evolve our remote and hybrid employment models
- Lead your teams to refine ZipRecruiter’s employee value proposition and ensure consistency across all employee touch points
- Continue to evolve our vision for ZipRecruiter’s culture in partnership with the leadership team
- 10+ years professional experience with increasing responsibility and leadership scope
- 5+ year growing and managing multiple functions within the HR/People Org (e.g. People Ops, Compensation, HRBPs, Engagement)
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience managing managers
- Track record of helping teams develop strategies, define initiatives and drive results
- Demonstrated success designing and implementing people programs, such as performance management, engagement, promotion, etc.
- ZipRecruiter is a remote-friendly company. Qualified candidates may work remotely, but should be willing to travel as much as 3-4 nights per month, particularly if they are not based in California
- 10+ years experience growing and managing multiple functions within the HR/People Org (People Ops, Compensation, HRBPs, Engagement, Workplace, etc)
- Experience in Human Resources at a technology company, particularly servicing software engineers
- Experience managing the Compensation function
- Experience helping companies scale their People processes at the 1,000+ employee stage
- Demonstrated success driving employee engagement and implementing cultural cornerstones, particularly in a hybrid work environment
- Experience with embedding Diversity, Equity and Inclusion into people processes and programs
- Problem-solving orientation with a focus on removing inefficiencies and toil from processes and programs
- Ability to make difficult decisions ethically and rationally using data and logic
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive salary
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
- A fun environment where work-life balance is valued
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice