Our offices are open for a hybrid work environment. Most US-based positions can also be performed remotely (any exceptions will be noted in the Minimum Qualifications below.)
To actively connect people to their next great opportunity.
Who We Are:
ZipRecruiter is a leading online employment marketplace. Powered by AI-driven smart matching technology, the company actively connects millions of all-sized businesses and job seekers through innovative mobile, web, and email services, as well as through partnerships with the best job boards on the web. ZipRecruiter has the #1 rated job search app on iOS & Android.
Our team has a unique opportunity to work on applications and data at scale, serving millions of jobseekers and tens of thousands of customers. We’re working on building an efficient marketplace of jobseekers and employers and need software engineers who can handle the volume of data created by billions of interactions within our ecosystem. Our systems need access to data made available via efficient, organized, reliable, instrumented, and well constructed code for streaming and batch applications. This enables the machine learning and analysis capabilities required to connect people to their next opportunity. We provide an essential service and have a thriving business as a result.
Our stack is complex and we’re looking for engineers who know how to write evolvable, properly instrumented, and efficient code as part of a growing distributed system. We’re working on data driven systems and applications and need people who can use modern data processing frameworks to power all of the intelligence we use to help change people’s lives.
- Using tools like Spark and Flink to build data processing and exploration pipelines along with ML infrastructure to power our intelligence
- Deploy a range of cloud-based technologies for critical projects
- Write, test, instrument, and deploy code to our Kubernetes environment
- Help drive the innovation and evolution of ZipRecruiter
- Computer Science degree or sufficient experience at a company that has outstanding engineering practices
- Ability to write high-performance, well-designed, well-crafted, readable, and tested code in a team environment
- Ability to build in multiple languages and the ability to pick up new languages quickly
- Expertise building efficient Spark applications in Scala
- Solid understanding of JVM ecosystem
- Solid understanding of both non-relational and relational database systems
As part of our team you’ll enjoy:
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional benefits package
- Flexible Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Employer-matched 401(k) plan
ZipRecruiter is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or genetics.
Privacy Notice: For information about ZipRecruiter's collection and processing of job applicant personal data for this job, please see our Privacy Notice at: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/careers/job-applicant-privacy-notice