Zepz is the group powering two leading global remittance brands: WorldRemit and Sendwave. Since 2010, we have been disrupting an industry previously dominated by offline legacy players with our relentless focus on reducing the cost of remittances and increasing safety and convenience for our users. Every day, our people work to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology - driven by our vision of a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad.
Our brands helped cross-border communities send over $15bn from 50 countries to recipients in 130 countries in 2022. We operate over 5,000 money transfer corridors worldwide and employ over 1,000 people globally. Zepz is a remote-first employer, with team members located across six continents.
Our vision is to create a world that celebrates migrants’ impact on prosperity, at home and abroad. Our purpose is to unlock the prosperity of cross-border communities through finance and technology.
- We act like owners - We are relentlessly delivering for our users and spending money thoughtfully.
- We embrace embarrassing honesty - We function best when we're open and honest with one another — especially about our challenges and doubts.
- We have a bias to action - We get to first outcomes quickly, iterate and learn.
- We strive to be better - We may make mistakes, but always learn from them.
- We are inclusive - to better reflect and serve our users.
About the role:
We are changing the way people send money. We’re building digital services that allow people to send and receive money easily. Most of our customers are hard-working migrants in Africa, Asia and Latin America. We’re always seeking to better serve our customers and find ways to improve our product – this role is to help us deliver important new features and innovation in a highly efficient and fast-paced way.
We hire bright people who can work autonomously and make the right decisions. We are looking for an ambitious, results-driven and industry-experienced Senior Product Manager to help drive the business forward. If you are a perceptive leader, enthusiastic problem-solver and strong communicator we look forward to meeting you!
To support Zepz growth strategy and drive maximum impact we are looking for support to drive forward key FinCrime product management strategy and deliveries in the KYC domain (know your customer). This will involve applying a cohesive approach to solve different groups of customer needs and ensure a compliant set-up and best-in-class customer experience across the platform in a scalable and streamlined manner.
To fill this role we are looking for a professional that’s comfortable driving change in a dynamic environment across various levels of senior stakeholders. The ideal candidate is an individual with previous experience in delivering complex digital initiatives that span multiple departments. You will be comfortable owning the full digital product life cycle and have a natural drive to deliver exceptional end-to-end experiences. The successful applicant will likely also have previous experience in integrating API product capabilities and demonstrate a breadth of industry knowledge in the space of financial services and financial crime.
What you will own:
As a member of our team reporting to the Product Director - FinCrime, you will:
- Build and manage stakeholder relationships to gather needs across 50 countries.
- Shape the strategy for the KYC domain across both ZEPZ remittance brands.
- Manage vendor relationships and integrations for customer verification, workflow management, and more.
- Scope, plan, and deliver global feature rollouts in the KYC domain.
- Develop a clear and coherent product strategy within your area that aligns with the company's vision.
- Maintain a strong focus on delivering business and user value.
- Play a crucial role in supporting the growth and scalability of the business.
- Take ownership and drive the metrics within your area, helping define success and the path to achieve it.
- Collaborate closely with stakeholders throughout the organization to deeply understand problems, identify opportunities, and explore potential solutions.
- Effectively manage stakeholders, knowing when to listen and when to deliver challenging messages.
- Continuously strive to gain a deep understanding of our customers through research and data analysis.
What you bring to the table:
- You’ll be an experienced Product Manager in the digital space
- Have strong knowledge in the Finance/FinTech and FinCrime space
- You are a creative thinker, problem-solver, strong communicator across various levels of stakeholders, you are driven and are thriving when taking full ownership for your product area
- You are hands-on, enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are a natural self-starter
- You build strong relationships with your development team, work to good agile practices and collaborate effectively with product design.
- You’re a natural leader. You lead initiatives from ideas to delivery. You help the team deliver with an MVP mindset, but still build towards and share longer term visions.
- You have a good understanding of relevant technology, how it applies to our business. You use this information when making trade-off and priority decisions.
- You have strong experience managing multiple priorities in a fast-moving environment.
- You have a proven track record of being a great communicator, working with different stakeholders from across the business.
- You are not afraid of taking on ambiguous initiatives and turning them into a set of clear goals and tangible outcomes
- You are knowledgeable about Agile / Lean software delivery methodologies and practices
- You have experience in gathering functional and nonfunctional requirements, writing user stories and mapping out processes
- You are a team player with the commercial mindset to drive tech work for highest business impact
- Good technical and business understanding based on previous experience in financial services/compliance
- A strong understanding of current regulations and best practices in compliance
- Manage the integration work with technology partners (workflows, APIs, error scenarios and management) from ideation to delivery on production and beyond
- Work against tight regulatory deadlines
What we offer you:
Please note that the benefits below will apply to Full-time roles.
We have five core benefits for our talent in the US, UK, Philippines, Poland, and South Africa. If you're not in one of those regions, don’t worry - the Talent team can let you know what is available for you specifically:
Unlimited Annual Leave: Most Zepz team members are eligible for unlimited annual leave. Colleagues in customer-facing roles, receive a competitive holiday allowance and four recharge days a year. Feel free to make the most of your time off and maintain a healthy work-life balance!
Private Medical Cover: You can opt-in to a Private Medical Insurance scheme. This provides you with access to thorough medical coverage, so you can feel confident in your health and well-being.
Retirement: We offer pension schemes to help you plan for and secure your future.
Life Assurance: Life assurance is available to give you peace of mind and protect your loved ones in case of the unexpected.
Parental Leave: We offer competitive parental leave schemes to ensure you are spending as much quality time with your new bundle of joy as possible.
We are also remote-first as an organisation, offering flexibility for you to work where you need to be most productive. In many locations, we have workspaces, which you can use as you desire. Most roles in the Philippines are predominately office-based, with this we offer free meals for those 100% on-site.
In addition to the above, you will discover that we have a range of secondary perks (such as the cycle-to-work scheme and employee discounts) depending on your location, to help you thrive at Zepz!
Why choose Zepz?
Our team of over 1,000 employees is fully distributed across the world. We are working from coffee shops, homes, and co-working spaces — making us one of the larger fully distributed growth-stage startups in the world but we also offer workspace in our talent cluster locations - spaces we can meet, collaborate and connect.
We are proud parents, community organizers, farmers, band members, yoga teachers, YouTube influencers, former Olympians, and serial entrepreneurs.
We collectively speak over twenty languages, including Akuapem, Amharic, Bengali, Ewe, Fante, Ga, Igbo, Kalenjin, Luganda, Oromo, Somali, Swahili, Wolof, Bulgarian, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Estonian, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Irish, Italian, Latvian, Lithuanian, Maltese, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish and Swedish.
At Zepz, embodying our commitments binds us together. We are collectively passionate about striving to achieve our vision and purpose - to continue to provide the best service to our users.
Ready to Apply?
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. If interested, please submit your resume along with a cover letter (optional), highlighting why your experience demonstrates you meet the requirements of the role. Please also indicate the countries in which you have work authorization.
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But we'll let you in on a secret: there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. Zepz is a place where everyone can thrive.
So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, and if at all you might need any form of support to make the process as comfortable as possible, please let us know and give us a shot by applying. We want you to be excited to wake up to make an impact every day.