We are looking for a talented FP&A Manager who will be an integral part of the Finance department at the World Surf League. This individual will report directly to the Director of FP&A and be responsible for performing / supervising all FP&A functions of the organization. The FP&A Manager will maintain a constant and open line of communication with Controllership/Accounting to ensure timely and accurate monthly financial closes are reflected in the reports utilized by FP&A.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Own and build out all company-wide financial and strategic planning (forecasting, long-range planning, cash planning, budgeting)
- Manage the monthly, quarterly, and annual FP&A processes, including management reporting, variance analysis, forecasting, and scenario planning
- Prepare and deliver financial business reviews to the leadership team and external stakeholders
- Lead key strategic and financial analyses to support high-impact decisions (e.g. product expansion, headcount planning, etc.)
- Manage and support Sales reporting and forecasting processes and deliverables, including communication between Commercial, Finance and Executive teams and reconciliation between sales tools and financial reporting tools
- Perform business analysis, document processes/workflows, identify revenue automation opportunities and requirements.
- Identify and, through coordination with Controllership/Accounting, resolve discrepancies identified during budget to actual exercises
- Serve as cross functional partner to Department leads
- Exhibit flexibility and willingness to take on new responsibilities and assignments as they are identified
- Maintain a strong working relationship with international regions and HQ, ensuring transparent financial and commercial objectives are clearly defined, communicated and prioritized
- Complete ad hoc analyses and projects as requested
- Minimum 4+ years of work experience in corporate finance, including budgeting, forecasting, and modeling with two (2) years at the Senior level
- Experience with financial modeling with a strong understanding of GAAP
- Expert-level Excel proficiency (v-lookups, MATCH, pivot tables, SUMIF formulas)
- Experience with mid-large ERP systems (e.g. NetSuite) & Business Intelligence tools preferred
- Has the ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, as well as write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to identify gaps in financial reporting when reviewing financial statements
- Knowledge of Sports Media & Entertainment highly preferred
- Knowledge of a broad spectrum of revenue streams (Sponsorship/Partnership, Digital Ad Sales, Media Rights, Content Sales, Merchandise) highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- A skilled leader who effectively leads his/her group by clearly communicating expectations, following through on deliverables and providing input and direction to ensure the accurate and timely development and communication of financial data.
- Demonstrated skills in supervising, coaching staff, and creating high performing teams, and experience managing a diverse international team is an asset.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with ability to effectively present information.
- Thrives in working in a flexible environment with a commitment to the pursuit of quality work.
- Self-motivated, hands on, detail oriented with the ability to take the initiative, multi-task and remain flexible with changing priorities.
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V