A key member of the Revenue team, the Coordinator, Advertising Operations will assist in the launch and management of the World Surf League’s client ad campaigns, as well as client reporting. The role offers the opportunity for a motivated digital native to oversee the execution of paid media and digital sponsorships across worldsurfleague.com, the WSL app and WSL social channels in addition to linear television, and also to work with our account teams worldwide to provide the highest level of service and results reporting to our advertising clients.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Manage campaign launches across WSL digital video, display, television and social throughout the year.
- Closely monitor campaign pacing and performance and adjust where necessary in order to meet sponsor KPIs.
- Communicate delivery deadlines and creative specifications to partners on a timely basis; keep on top of upcoming launches and deadlines.
- Develop tactics to better target and optimize campaigns.
- Work with various agencies to provide world-class reporting and screenshots on a regular cadence.
- Manage sold vs. unsold inventory and forecasting on all platforms across the entire year.
- Proactively research and suggest ways to optimize and improve WSL’s advertising operations, and improve yield management, across platforms, including technology solutions, process adjustments, etc.
- 2+ years experience in advertising operations and campaign management at a digital-first publisher.
- Experience interpreting media plans and metrics within the digital advertising ecosystem.
- Extremely comfortable with (and interested in learning to leverage) new technology.
- Technology & Software Skills: Google AdManager; Facebook Ads Manager; Google Analytics; Header Bidding; Salesforce; Microsoft Excel.
- Extremely detail oriented and thorough.
- Revenue minded.
- Data-driven thinker who makes decisions based on the numbers.
- Integrity and honesty in business and in communication.
- Self-motivated with an exceptional work ethic; proactive self-manager.
- Optimism and energy for the brand as well as the sport of surfing and its future.
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of managing multiple deadlines, projects and campaigns at once.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced corporate environment.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary