The Hospitality Lead is responsible for deliverables related to guest services. This includes management of the Hospitality Servers, and Housekeeping teams of Surf Ranch. The Hospitality Lead will report directly to the Director of Hospitality.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ensure the timely delivery of all food and beverage needs at Surf Ranch
- Serve and remove food & drink and remove dishes after use
- Track any dietary requirements of guests
- Work with Chef, Cook and Kitchen staff to deliver meals to guests
- Execute Hospitality Run of Show work directly with guests and staff
- Maintain cleanliness and general upkeep of Surf Ranch guest areas
- Ensure the health, safety, and welfare of visitors
- Serve food & drink to guests as prepared or approved by the Chef
- Involvement in guest service pre and post post surf session
- Ensure guests have everything they need pre and post surf session
- Ensure all areas are clean, free of clutter, and presentable to guests before, during, and after each day.
- Overtime may be required
- Shift oversight of hospitality and housekeeping staff ensuring quality
- Provide leadership for the food & beverage program including both in house and partner provided catering
- Maintains a high level of quality in the execution of housekeeping and management of the ranch house
- Respond and report guest service related issues in a timely and effective manner
- Monitor staff hours and breaks ensuring labor is in line with department directives
- Communicate accurately and in a timely manner, matters which pertain to the delivery of hospitality and guest service status/readiness to the Director of Hospitality
- Support requests of all operating groups/departments within Surf Ranch and WaveCo in a timely and professional manner
- Adhere and enforce all Standard Operating Procedures within the hospitality departments at Surf Ranch
- Assist in the development and implementation of processes which enhance system efficiencies and increase productivity and service
- Maintain proficiency in all areas as it pertains to his/her area(s) of responsibilities
- Previous experience in a resort or hospitality setting responsible for leading teams in the areas of guest service and or food & beverage.
- Demonstrate ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in verbal and written English with guests, management, and co-workers to their understanding.
- Prioritize and organize work assignments, have timely follow up and execution.
- Have superb time management skills.
- Maintain complete knowledge of all services/features and hours of operation.
- Other language, mathematical, and reasoning abilities as outlined below.
- Ability to comply with physical demands as outlined below.
- Knowledge and understanding of Surf Ranch and WSL culture & initiatives
- Technologically sound with Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to compute basic mathematical calculations.
- Must be able to maintain a flexible work schedule.
- Food Handler card required per CA law.
- Exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching
- This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day
- Must be physically able to wipe down surfaces, reach, twist, bend and be able to pick up debris from floor or items from storage spaces
- Lift/carry 25 lbs (frequently) and 50 lbs (occasionally)
- May be exposed to extreme temperatures, dust, dampness, height, and moving machinery