The Hospitality Server ensures that guests are comfortable and provide food and beverage service. To ensure the ranch house service is at a quality at all times while preserving a level of guest privacy. To complete all cleaning and preparation to ensure a smooth service at all times.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- To prepare and carry out food and beverage service to guests in a courteous and efficient manner. This includes offering service to guests, regularly checking the floor, this includes all ranch house, decks and surrounding areas.
- To keep back of house and ranch house areas tidy at all times and to regularly clean all associated equipment.
- Mix ingredients to prepare cocktails and other drinks for guest and wash utensils after each use.
- Pour all drinks to the recommended legal standard (correct measure) in the appropriate glassware.
- Clean up after food service including with appropriate chemicals.
- To notify the Director of Guest Services if you observe a particular item of stock is running low.
- To attend training sessions and courses and to assist with the ‘on-the-job’ training of new staff, as required.
- To handle minor complaints in a professional and courteous manner and to provide appropriate solutions. To immediately inform the Director of Guest Services of all cases.
- To read all relevant company literature, notices and other correspondence and to regularly observe ranch and departmental notice-boards.
- To uphold good housekeeping practices, ensuring a safe, clean, tidy and pleasant working environment.
- Previous experience in a F&B or hospitality setting responsible for servicing of guests
- Experience in or around the food industry
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
- Demonstrate ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
- Exceptional work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and be flexible is essential
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary
- Strong team player
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.