The Analyst will work in collaboration with other business units to understand key audience metrics for executive reporting, develop advanced analytics capabilities and drive strategic insight. The primary objective of the WSL Marketing team is to grow the WSL fan base and spread our love of the sport and lifestyle of surfing around the world. The Analyst will be reporting directly to the VP of Analytics.
- Collect, organize, manage and report on WSL audience databases
- Manage analytical tools and deliver insight on strategic initiatives through rigorous analysis and regular reporting to executive team
- Monitor and forecast audience growth and engagement trends
- Provide data and audience insights to Sponsorship, Content and Events departments
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to drive outcomes on strategic projects
- Create presentations for executive level communication
- Oversee development, execution and analysis of audience surveys
- Collaborate with external vendors providing market research support
- Work with analytics and digital teams to advance analytics capabilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools, with significant expertise in Excel
- Strong command of SQL and relational databases
- Familiarity with Google Analytics, Big Query, YouTube Analytics, Facebook Insights and other digital analytics platforms
- Digital audience growth and UI / UX optimization experience preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (including slide writing)
- Commitment to continuous improvement and professional development
- Passion for surfing and surf culture
- 2+ years work experience in a similar field
- Bachelors Degree
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- Entrepreneurial; willingness to work independently with the best business practices in mind
- An exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Masterful organizational skills
- An enthusiasm for coaching, teaching and the development of people
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V