Under the direct supervision of the Surf Ranch General Manager, the Surf Host performs various duties at the Surf Ranch facility both guest facing and non-guest facing. The Surf Host along with Surf Ranch hospitality staff is responsible for providing a positive overall guest experience.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- The Surf Host is a key member of the Guest Services team, responsible for helping execute the ROS produced by the Guest Experience Coordinator. This person is tasked with helping deliver the best in class client experience
- Preparing for guest arrival, making sure check-in are accurate and all wavers are signed, assisting with special requests, and coordination between the water teams and hospitality
- Ensuring the health, safety, and welfare of guests
- Engaging with guests throughout the day to insure their needs are being met and encouraging the stoke
- Provide support in maintaining cleanliness and general upkeep of Surf Ranch
- Servicing and cleaning of on-site accommodation
- Provide support in servicing food & drink to guests as prepared or approved by the F&B department
- Provide guests with overall amenities including food, beverage, transportation, wetsuits, surfboards, towels, locker etc.
- Involved in guest recovery post surf session
- Ensuring cleanliness of Board Room and locker room as guests prepare for departure
- Execute retail transactions for guests throughout the day
- Insure that Security has everything necessary to check guests in and provide backup support to insure a quick and seamless process
- Previous experience in a F&B or hospitality setting responsible for servicing of guests
- 3+ years experience of surfing, lifeguard or water sports
- Excellent organizational, verbal, and written communication skills
- Demonstrate ability to work with all levels of employees and management, and willingness to give assistance to co-workers
- Demonstrate ability to work independently under pressure; proactive thinker/self-starter
- The employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping and crouching.