The Creative Copywriter plays an integral role on the Creative/Brand team reporting directly to the Creative Director. They will develop the brand tone of voice for all fan/consumer touch points with a focus on marketing/brand campaigns and our owned and operated products (website, app, etc.). In addition, this role will consult and assist cross-departmentally (social, content, broadcast) to ensure a consistent voice across the league. Further, this role will support event, brand and athlete marketing initiatives in order to elevate the WSL brand and grow audience.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Ownership (organize, maintain, and distribute) of all creative copy decks
- Develop high-level strategic positioning idea write-ups: concept, tone, positioning lines, copy lines and engaging calls to action
- Write and develop all brand/marketing campaign ideas into fully integrated campaigns (360: connect the dots)
- Handle scripts/copy/words for: videos, content, broadcast dialogue, bots, emails, IG stories, websites, OOH, sales reels, social text/image content, posters, merchandise, etc.
- Storyboard rough video concepts (abstract and tight) into linear engagement ideas with a POV
- Work with Creative editors to direct/produce videos
- Work with SVP Brand to build copy tone guidelines/standards for WSL, PURE, Wave Co.
- Work with Marketing team to maintain ongoing digital campaigns: Fantasy, VIP/TIX Odyssey, CT Tune-in (Live, Finals, Epic)
- Work with Comms team to align on company narratives
- Work with Product team to ensure consistent fan/consumer experience from marketing touch points through owned and operated channels (website/app)
- Import fresh creative/digital/cultural trends from expected and unexpected sources: sports marketing, advertising, arts, music, and fashion
- 3-5 years of experience in agency, lifestyle brand or sports marketing
- Impeccable copy writing skills (need current portfolio)
- Versatile copywriting approach, you can write for any and all tones, voices, ideas
- Big picture strategic thinker, you see the opportunity or create one when it’s absent
- Meticulous executional skills, you’re always refining the idea and copy for greatness
- Well-organized, with strong attention to detail and ability to project manage
- Excellent communication skills, you can present and articulate abstract ideas to none creatives
- Pluses: versed in Google docs, MailChimp, Adobe Creative Suite
- Above all, integrity and honesty
- An exceptional work ethic
- Passion for creative process
- Optimism and energy for the brand and its future
- An open and collaborative nature
- Incredibly organized and capable of juggling multiple projects simultaneously
- A high degree of self-awareness of one’s own personal style, strengths and weaknesses and motivational triggers.
- Intellectual curiosity and enthusiasm for learning.
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced corporate environment
- Action Oriented—enjoys working hard and looks for challenges; able to act and react as necessary, even if limited information is available; willing to take unpopular stands when necessary.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V