We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a Technical Project Manager, who has a passion for complex tech projects, to join the central team, working on creating and innovating the next-gen games support tools and systems.
About the role
You will be working on a variety of projects, including backend solutions as well as frontend tools to manage the operations of all Wooga games efficiently. You will work side by side with diverse stakeholders and clients and produce tools that our game teams need to keep bringing delightful story-driven games to millions of players around the world.
- You will be responsible for producing roadmaps and helping the team bring them to life.
- You will be collaborating with the team to manage requirements, development, and maintenance of technical initiatives,
- You will work closely with stakeholders in the game teams to synchronize cross-team initiatives,
- You will produce realistic schedules and milestones plans for the team,
- You will drive the release process in time and quality while ensuring healthy communication, teams’ well-being, engagement, and motivation.
- You will own operational aspects of project development, including establishing development frameworks, defining opportunities and dependencies, reporting, risk management, capacity planning, and resource allocation management.
- Full project lifecycle experience in production role/professional industry experience, including a few years of experience managing technical pipelines,
- You are an excellent communicator and enjoy guiding and motivating teams.
- You have experience driving production processes and shipping complex projects,
- Track record of project planning being successfully executed, leading to the timely delivery of quality projects.
Nice to Have
- You have a technical background and/or you’ve worked previously as a software engineer,
- You have an understanding of the game development processes.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!