We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
As a UI Artist at Wooga, you would be working closely with Producers, Product Managers, Designers, Developers and other Artists on creating an exceptional user experience, approachable for a wider audience than ever before, that players will love.
In your role, you will be able to deliver to the highest standard and inspire and mentor other UI artists both in your team and to be a key contributor to the wider UI/UX community at Wooga.
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Working closely with the designers to create interfaces for concepts and new features.
- Designing UI animations and transitions for both iOS and Android devices.
- Executing all visual design from the conception stage to the implementation.
- Maintaining the consistency of the existing style, constantly optimizing it, and creating new ways of making it more exciting.
- Documenting UI style guides.
- Inspiring others and exchanging feedback.
- You have a strong portfolio demonstrating your skills.
- You have experience in and knowledge of the requirements of designing for mobile platforms.
- You have experience of implementing and optimizing interface elements in Unity or another game engine
- You have an ability to digest complex feedback and channel it into strong visual designs
- You have worked with and have good knowledge about UCD methodologies.
- You are an experienced user of Adobe products.
- You have a great sense of composition and color, and a strong graphic design knowledge.
- You believe that holistic attitude to what is best for the user and the product.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!