We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany 2021 & 2022!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 280 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
We are looking for a VP of Publishing, who will work in close collaboration with our VP of Games to turn the excellent game ideas we create into thriving businesses and maximize both marketability and revenues throughout the products' lifecycle.
The VP Publishing will primarily be responsible for creating a clear growth strategy for new and live games at Wooga, through leading/building the publishing teams at Wooga - including User Acquisition, Marketing, Customer Care, Community, Localization, Partnerships, and Ad Monetization. To achieve this goal, the VP of Publishing will ensure a high level of productivity, agility, and health of their teams while executing cross-team publishing efforts. The VP Publishing is a part of the management team at Wooga and will report directly to the Managing Director.
About the job
Driving Wooga’s success
- As part of the management team, you will be the driving force in our ambition to scale the presence of Wooga brand and Wooga games globally and across current and new platforms.
- Wooga’s vision is to become the Player’s Choice for Story-Driven Casual Games. You will define business strategies to secure the growth of the company on a global scale, expand our players’ community and drive their engagement.
- Wooga’s purpose is to inspire joy in work and play. You will help create an environment where Wooga employees can grow while delivering impact, and experience joy while working with each other to build towards our vision.
Leading the Publishing Function
- Lead a team of 35+ marketing & publishing professionals to drive growth throughout the entire lifecycle of a game, from player insights for new & live games, to the go-to-market strategy for launching our new games, to the ongoing audience growth strategy of our live games through UA & product marketing in a variety of mediums (TV, radio, podcast, etc).
- Structure the Publishing teams to effectively work with the game teams to achieve audience growth goals, and common Wooga company goals
- You will be the voice and ambassador of our players, inside and outside of Wooga.
Leading the People
- Coaching Heads of your departments toward independent results, as well as holding them accountable for shared goals.
- Driving initiatives to hire and develop talent in the Publishing area in Wooga.
- Years of business leadership experience with a proven track record of success as an executive coming from ideally free-to-play/mobile/video game company
- Excellent leadership and coaching skills, with the ability to transform business needs into tangible goals.
- Subject matter expertise in performance marketing and brand/product marketing, as well as experience in successfully managing multi-million dollar marketing budgets across multiple digital/media channels.
- Strategic thinking about what markets to expand/focus on (certain countries; certain technical platforms; etc.) combined with operational knowledge (UA, Product Marketing,etc.)
- Deep understanding of player behaviors, market trends, and business models.
Please note: Research has shown that some under-represented groups in the gaming industry (eg: women) tend to apply only if they meet every single requirement. Here at Wooga, the desire to learn and the willingness to solve problems are more important to us than your experience on paper. We encourage you to apply even if you do not think that you tick all the boxes - thinking outside of such boxes and embracing the diversity of mindsets and backgrounds is what we believe makes our teams thrive.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts (over 50 nationalities!) working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Enjoy the yoga, mindfulness app, sports and transport subsidies. And a Purpose Day to donate your time to a worthy cause!
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We also provide you with a work-from-home budget, which you can invest in a well-functioning home office setup. We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!