We are proud to belong to the TOP 1% of all employers in Germany!
At Wooga, we are very proud of the diverse, creative and friendly environment we have established and we believe you will enjoy working with some of the best people in the industry. Each of our Woogas plays an important role in our success as a company and in shaping our culture. We really value our razor-sharp focus on story-driven casual games, excellent craftsmanship, and the truly collaborative way of working. We create joyful experiences that awaken our players’ desire to see what happens next. Based in the heart of Berlin, with over 250 employees from around the world, we work together to create high-quality casual games with engaging stories at the core of the experience.
About the role
We are seeking an experienced Lead Game Designer to work on and support an exciting new HO game we have in development. Are you looking for your next challenge? Do you want to work in a stable environment that strives for and recognizes excellence, and where values like integrity, diversity, and accountability are paramount? Then you need to come check us out! You will help create a fantastic gameplay experience for literally millions of players. Then please come check us out and see what we have to offer!
- Lead the design efforts on an innovative mobile HO game with a high concept story that is testing extremely well!
- Collaborate closely with product managers, developers, artists, and other team stakeholders to support and occasionally create exciting new features and live events.
- Maintain a holistic view of all aspects of the game’s design, while constantly looking for ways to improve the HO scenes, economy, UI & UX, pacing & monetization, events, content pipelines, and more.
- Inspire and manage a growing team of super talented and enthusiastic game designers. Set clear goals for their professional development, and define deliverables that encourage and focus their efforts.
- Understand Wooga’s audience, and the market, to ensure that features and content are competitive and engaging. Our players are everything to us!
- Do you like storytelling? Interface with writers and other disciplines to define and enhance the game’s epic narrative.
- Work with analysts to study player behaviors and the game’s performance, then use that data to improve KPIs.
- Remain current on the hidden object market and competitive titles.
- Ideally, you have 6+ years of relevant mobile game and live-ops experience, with at least 2 years in a lead or management role.
- You have extensive experience with f2p design, best-practice live ops, agile development, and managing a team of game designers with different areas of specialization.
- As a team leader, organization is one of your top skills, you have a keen eye for details, and you understand the importance of setting goals and meeting deadlines.
- You are an excellent communicator and comfortable speaking in front of large groups of people. You can present your ideas in a clear and comprehensive way using spreadsheets, slideshows, and visual prototyping tools.
- You play mobile games and stay current on emerging game trends, new mechanics, and innovative monetization techniques.
- You have strong analytical capabilities, so you seek out f2p KPIs and you know how to drive them. You possess a thorough understanding of game pacing, balancing, and game systems.
- You are constantly looking to improve your skills and are willing to accept and provide constructive criticism.
- You are an excellent team player, who fits into our multinational and über-friendly team of highly-motivated professionals.
- Shape the future! Challenge the status quo and team up with a diverse group of experts working on crafting the world’s best games.
- Located in Europe’s most creative city with low cost of living and high quality of life. We offer a generous relocation package and home search support if you are not already located in Berlin. Did we mention that we also cooperate with Kindergartens?
- Make use of a significant education budget and extra days off for self-development. Join our meet-ups, talks, brown bag lunches, internal trainings, workshops and many others.
- Participate in the company’s success - we offer a quarterly bonus scheme!
- Did you know that German is the third most commonly taught language worldwide? Learn it too! We offer German language classes for you and your significant other.
- Choose your own equipment and be set up for success! We got your back!
At Wooga we are committed to providing a friendly, safe and welcoming environment for everyone who works here or with us, regardless to gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, physical appearance, body size, race, age, religion (or lack thereof) and game preferences. Be yourself, we like you that way!