We're looking for a talented and passionate Senior Data Engineer to join Wildlife's Cloud Economics team in São Paulo, Brazil.
The mission of the Cloud Economics team at Wildlife is to have world-class productivity and efficiency across the company by finding and further investigating efficiency opportunities related to the usage and/or provisioning of technology resources.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you’ll play a key role in developing the analyses and algorithms that identify the patterns and type of usage of our data that allow us to find opportunities to improve its usage and storage. You will also be responsible for gathering all the information needed into the data lake; build and maintain such a lake permanently.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is curious by nature, and comfortable in a "take the initiative" environment, loves solving problems, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- Be part of a high-output team, directly contributing to company results;
- Build the required date lakes and do the corresponding ETL in order to be able to consolidate and query information about multiple data sources;
- Enhance our data discovery capabilities;
- Identify unused data and propose how to handle it (sampling, deletion, move to colder classes of storage);
- Find and propose data modeling optimizations across the data lake to avoid inefficiencies like duplicated data, data normalization, data types, etc (table partitioning, migrating to delta tables);
- Develop an internal cost allocation data lake for our most significant technology provider.
What you'll need
- University degree in courses related to computing such as Computer Engineering, Computer Science or a related field;
- 2+ years of experience working as a data engineer on technically challenging problems;
- Programmer with SQL proficiency;
- Experience creating data pipelines;
- Knowledge and experience with Python or Spark;
- Knowledge and experience with AWS;
- Knowledge and experience with Airflow or other workflow management tool is a differential.
More about you
- You are a resourceful person with a go-getter attitude;
- You are passionate about the data industry and thirsty for innovation;
- You are not afraid to propose and explore new initiatives;
- You are a determined and metrics oriented engineer who wants to deliver results;
- You have an analytic mindset and focus on ensuring visibility to your clients and peers;
- You are passionate about working on and solving problems;
- You are a team player. You're willing to help out wherever needed.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.