Our mission is to implement high design projects that holistically embrace sustainable design principles while utilizing Wight’s unique Integrated Delivery Services. Wight is currently seeking a motivated self-starting leader to join our team as a Project Manager, with 8-10 years of professional experience. The Project Manager is responsible for one or more projects working under minimal supervision of a Principal or Project Executive. As a Project Manager, you will leverage your attention to detail and interpersonal skills to deliver exceptional client projects on time and on budget. Grow your project management experience while working on trendsetting projects across primarily PK-12 market.
· Implement one or more client projects through leadership of project teams
· Manage scheduling, budgets, staffing, and project set-up with clients, consultants, vendors and contractors/construction managers.
· Prepare project proposals and negotiate contracts and fees. Exhibits thorough knowledge of Owner/Architect agreement, project schedule, and project budget parameters and organizes work activities to be in conformance. Takes responsibility for rectifying variances from established project goals.
· Track and manage financial performance of projects by proper allocation of resources, timely initiation and resolution of critical tasks, and effective decision-making.
· Provide leadership to the team and client through effective communications with respect to project objectives, contract scope, terms and schedule.
· Participate in marketing/business development efforts and may lead presentations to prospective clients.
· Participate in strategic discussion with senior management on issues that affect the Firm’s performance, perception in the marketplace, client satisfaction and profitability.
· Actively participate in company initiatives, groups, and programs.
· Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Architecture from an Accredited School.
· 8-10 years of relevant professional experience in leading teams, and project management.
· Professional licensure or certification preferred
· Experience negotiating project scope and fees
· Experience with the full project lifecycle, through post-occupancy
· Displays technical knowledge of building codes, standards, building systems, material assemblies, and engineering concepts.
· Working knowledge of zoning ordinances and the process by which design solutions are quantified, illustrated, and explained to approval authorities.
· Working knowledge of AIA standard contracts and customary scope of services and standard of care provided by architectural firms.
· Basic technical understanding of architectural design, interiors, and furniture design.
· Professional manner and reputation for fair and consistent business dealings with all parties
· Proven leadership abilities and mature judgement.
· Effective verbal and written communication skills and excellent graphic presentation skills.
· Problem solving skills, attention to detail, and motivation to grow and advance
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Capable of handling multiple projects at the same time.
The above constitutes a general description of the Project Manager job duties as of this posting. Wight reserves the right to alter job duties and assignments and to assign additional and/or alternative duties from time to time in its sole discretion.
We offer competitive benefits, employee mentorship, a friendly work culture and a great office environment in which to work.
Wight & Company is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Please view the following links for more information - EEO, EEO Supplement, and Pay Transparency.
Wight & Company values diversity in our workforce. We are committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. If you need an accommodation to assist with completing the electronic application, please call us at 630.969.7000 and ask to speak with a Human Resources representative.