Position Title: Director, Clinical Operations
Company: Well-funded stealth company focused on disrupting healthcare through a differentiated consumer experience and a world-class data & analytics engine to drive engagement and behavior change. The product will sell directly to both Fortune 500 CEOs and full risk populations, integrating layers of analytics, digital, concierge services, behavioral health, telemedicine, care management and wellness services to drive sustained engagement, lower costs and improve health. A key differentiator to drive the company’s success will be a highly diverse, engaged organization whose employees are passionate about the mission of the company and whose management is passionate about the employees.
Reporting to: Chief Products and Services Officer
The Director, Clinical Operations will provide key leadership over the activities of the clinical professionals within the Well Contact Center to enable a better health experience with improved clinical and cost outcomes for our consumers/members. This leader will ensure consumer-obsessed execution with a focus on employee engagement, quality, compliance, and collaboration with other cross-functional leaders.
Location: Chapel Hill, NC
- Oversee people leadership responsibilities for clinical staff in the contact center: recruiting, licensure, training, compensation, career development, coaching, mentorship, scheduling, forecasting
- Partner with the Director of Clinical Services and Chief Medical Officer as part of overall clinical leadership for organization
- Create and own KPIs for area of ownership including metrics related to quality, partnering with the Workforce Optimization team, to ensure QA and KPI’s are consistently achieved.
- Develop and execute on strategies to scale the operation, and deliver high quality results
- Provide operational support for adherence to clinical recommendations and regulations
- Responsible for partnering to manage a start or end of a shift, when other leaders are out of the office.
- Serve as a strategic partner and collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders in Product, Engineering and Data Science to continue to drive world-class member experiences
- 8+ years of experience in operations roles in a fast paced and high-growth environment
- Proven experience managing complex clinical operations (e.g., very large practice, hospital administration) or related contact center environment
- Experience managing licensed clinicians strongly preferred
- Stellar people management skills with experience leading large multidisciplinary teams
- Strong decision-making skills and ability to prioritize objectives while meeting tight deadlines
- Strategic, understand the vision and implementation focused. You get things done and nothing falls through the cracks. You have the ability to communicate objectives and execute in response to strategic direction
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous environment; comfortable with change; able to pivot to a new direction without hesitation
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with employees at all levels of the organization, including interns and executive leadership
- You are a team player and motivated by helping others around you accomplish their goals.