Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based asset manager, is seeking Facilities Assistants to maintain the appearance and operations of our physical office space. The Assistants will be responsible for keeping the office to a clean standard and for keeping all areas of the office fully stocked. They will also be responsible for the physical appearance and safety of our private company fitness center. A successful candidate will be capable of being proactive in upkeep of the office, highly attentive to detail, and have strong organization skills. Candidates from all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Complete daily checklists for office and gym space cleaning and organization
- Maintain office supply inventory and place orders for stock including for groceries, office supplies, etc.
- Manage employee seat change process including break down and set up of equipment and ordering new equipment as applicable
- Maintain relationships with external vendors for office maintenance and improvement efforts
- Ensure operation of office and gym equipment, and proactively arrange preventative maintenance
- Hourly position working around 35 hours per week
- Schedule either 7:00 AM – 1:00 PM or 12:00 PM – 7:00 PM, Monday through Friday
- Full benefits package, including healthcare, paid sick leave and vacation, access to fitness center
About the Company:
Weiss Asset Management is a Boston-based investment firm whose hedge funds and institutional accounts invest approximately $2.7 billion globally. For 30 years, WAM has developed proprietary value-based strategies designed to deliver top-tier returns to its investors, which include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. Our collaborative culture and our analytically rigorous approach to problem solving foster cutting-edge research.
Above all else, we value integrity, uncompromising rationality, creativity and entrepreneurship, and continuous learning and improvement. Our team of over 80 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact and data, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.