Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based asset manager, is seeking an ambitious associate to join our dynamic operations team. A successful candidate will be excited to own the complete trade life cycle of multiple products across different markets, to become the company expert in these areas, and to generate and document process improvements and efficiencies at every opportunity. The Associate can expect to gain exposure to multiple teams across the firm, and drive results through internal and external collaboration. The ideal candidate will have 2-4 years of previous operations, accounting, or other investment support experience.
A successful Operations Associate will have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of operations functions, and responsibilities in the first two years will include:
- Ownership of the life cycle of multiple derivative products (equity swaps, credit default swaps, etc.)
- Trade booking across multiple markets and asset classes
- Cash and position reconciliation including identification and resolution of root causes
- Daily collaboration with external counterparties, including prime and executing brokers, along with multiple teams across the firm regarding trade confirmation, reconciliation, and settlement
- Adding efficiency and reducing operational risk through process improvements and ad-hoc projects
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.