Weiss Asset Management (WAM), a Boston-based investment firm, is seeking a Technology Operations Analyst to join our dynamic operations and treasury teams. A successful candidate has a high attention to detail and a positive customer service attitude. He or she will thrive in a fast-paced environment, will enjoy taking ownership of a range of operational and reporting responsibilities, and will seek to improve existing processes at every opportunity. Advanced SQL and Excel skills are required. The Analyst can expect to gain exposure to multiple markets and asset classes and quickly develop an understanding of the types of data and tools required to support a robust investment firm.
A successful Technology Operations Analyst will participate in a wide array of operational and reporting functions, with an emphasis on the following in the first two years:
- Engineering new processes and workflows for novel operational challenges related to global markets
- Managing quality and integrity of data from many sources used for reporting across the firm
- Taking ownership of the production and improvement of reporting provided to our investors and regulators
- Assisting with the production of internal risk and strategy-level reporting for portfolio managers and senior management
- Supporting and enhancing existing tools rooted in SQL and Excel
- Integrating data expertise into financial and operational problems to come up with creative, efficient, and scalable solutions
About the Company:
For more than 25 years, Weiss Asset Management has developed proprietary value-based investment strategies designed to deliver high risk-adjusted returns to our investors, who include charitable foundations, pension plans, endowments, hospitals, government entities and private investors. We manage approximately $2 billion across hedge funds and institutional accounts. We work collaboratively to solve problems, and to identify undervalued assets through deep fundamental research, statistical analysis and an analytically rigorous approach to decision making.
We value integrity, intellectual honesty, continuous learning and improvement. We foster creativity and entrepreneurialism. We have an uncompromising commitment to rationality, and we believe that by understanding our mistakes, we make progress. Our culture is more important than any individual and more persistent than any strategy.
Our team of over 65 individuals is the engine of our success and we welcome truly exceptional candidates from all backgrounds.
WAM is a fit for you if:
- You enjoy a collaborative environment, where decisions are made in diverse teams. At WAM, all employees can expect to work directly with members of other departments representing a range of backgrounds.
- You work well in a flat structure and are comfortable voicing dissenting opinion. Talent and work ethic will dictate what you can achieve at WAM, as evidenced by the fact that our co-president and the majority of our managing directors began their careers here as interns.
- You are driven to constantly learn, improve, and make rational decisions based in fact, and you welcome receiving feedback as well as sharing knowledge with others.
- You prioritize acting ethically in all situations.
WAM is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.